Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 22, 2007, 12:34 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Goose Convention or ???

I didn't have any Snow Geese in my collection of photos so off to Bosque Del Apache I went. It is only a 4 hour trip so left on Sunday morning and returned on Tuesday afternoon. Folks had told me if you want a few Snow Geese go to the Bosque.

What a surprise when I realized what they meant by a few Snow Geese.













TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 22, 2007, 2:02 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
ennacac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,198
Default

That is what the Canada Geese look like here in Wisconsin in the Fall. I is always a thrill to see that many wild birds all in one place, thanks for sharing.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 8:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 3,076
Default

We have a place called Oak Hammock. About 25 years ago I was there and there were huge #s of Snow Geese. I think they were migrating south for the winter. This was in the fall.

I wonder if they spend the winter where you photographed them or if they continue to go further south?

Nice picture...amazing #s.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 11:39 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
thekman620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,084
Default

Now that's a lot of Geese!! Nice shots Roger....hope you and your camera had a hat on....cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2007, 12:50 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
jotajota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 363
Default

Holy cow ! now that's quite a bunch of birds. Reminds me of one of BBC's high def nature programs.
jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:11 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
That is what the Canada Geese look like here in Wisconsin in the Fall. I is always a thrill to see that many wild birds all in one place, thanks for sharing.

Tom
It was a real fun experiance for me. I will go back later in the winter for 2nds.


TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2007, 2:25 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

lesmore49 wrote:
Quote:
We have a place called Oak Hammock. About 25 years ago I was there and there were huge #s of Snow Geese. I think they were migrating south for the winter. This was in the fall.

I wonder if they spend the winter where you photographed them or if they continue to go further south?

Nice picture...amazing #s.
Oak Hammock sounds like a fun place to see.

I am told they will spend the winter here.


TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2007, 2:26 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Now that's a lot of Geese!! Nice shots Roger....hope you and your camera had a hat on....cheers...Don
Yup I had my hat on but it must be my lucky hat as it never got hit. Thanks Don.


TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2007, 2:27 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

jotajota wrote:
Quote:
Holy cow ! now that's quite a bunch of birds. Reminds me of one of BBC's high def nature programs.
It was a site I will never forget. Thanks for looking and for your comment.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:01 AM.