Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Dec 15, 2007, 2:24 PM   #11

smac wrote:
Quote:
Big congrats from me. Super nice set of equipment and I know you're the guy to make the most of it.
Hey, I'm only 57. If this is what 65 brings, I can't wait.
All the best with your new set-up
Steve
Hi Steve, thanks for the vote of confidence.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 2:24 PM   #12

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Congratulations Roger!! I'll live vicariously through you until I strike it rich! Awesome choice of lenses and gear you've made. You'll love the speed of the Canon and the IS on the long lenses. They really do perform. I look forward to viewing your new results soon....cheers...Don
Thank you Don.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Dec 15, 2007, 2:25 PM   #13

Buzzsaw wrote:
Quote:
Congrats! I personally would have gone with the Nikon D3 and their new long glass, but hey thats just me. :-)
Thanks Buzzsaw, After all the homework I did all I can say is both wystems are way above my talent.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:40 AM   #14

If I were to start again, I would stick with Canon rather than Nikon for the former'sgeneral performance on focusing speed, its repertoire of lenses and their readiness for procurement the time you want it,and control over noise. Now that you will be launching on Canon, may I wish you a happy new year with the new gears.
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 6:55 AM   #15

Quote:
If I were to start again, I would stick with Canon rather than Nikon for the former'sgeneral performance on focusing speed, its repertoire of lenses and their readiness for procurement the time you want it,and control over noise

WK, you might want to start running some comparisons between the D3 noise levels and any of the Canon line, the D3 outdoes them all. as far as Autofocus goes, even the mid range D300 has a 51 pt autofocus system... check the Canons out and get back in touch. What you said would have been accurate about four months ago, it's now just not accurate. Sorry, Roger, I just had to respond... congrats again thats a great setup! :-)
Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 7:50 AM   #16

Buzzsaw wrote:
Quote:
What you said would have been accurate about four months ago, it's now just not accurate. Sorry, Roger, I just had to respond... congrats again thats a great setup! :-)
I was just responding based on what I have in hand: a D200 and a bundle of Nikkor lenses with only one of which beingAFS by function. :sad:
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:16 PM   #17

Oh Boy Roger!!! What did you do, rob a bank?:shock: Seriously, Iam both happy for you and envious of you. I'm sure that you'll have a ton of fun putting this gear to good use.

I always thought your posts were superb - but I guessyou're going to surpass yourself once you get a grip on the use of the equipment.Ohthe pressure to perform....:lol: Cheers and the best to you. Dan
fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:03 PM   #18

Congrats Roger!! I wish you the best. If you are going to sell some of your other stuff I may be interested. You could send me an e-mail.

Jim
87olds is offline   Reply With Quote