Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 13, 2003, 5:30 PM   #1

Default Ran into a moose!

Well I was out hiking again last week, this time actually on a hiking trail and not in the middle of know where. So I round the corner and see this raither small moose standing about 25-30feet infront of me:

Unfortunately I was so scared cause I was in a little bit of shock not ever having been this close to an animal larger than I was when hiking that the pictures I took turned out to be a little blurred. I guess free hand shooting when at about 7-8x optical zoom will do that. It was quite funny cause we sat there for a while stairing at each other for what seemed like a few minutes, then I turned on my camera....then away he went through the trees. :P
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2003, 11:50 PM   #2

Just be happy he left. They can be very unpleasent animals when they want to be.

When I go out on logging trails way up in Maine, we always talk very loudly. We've seen very large moose tracks in the mud, but have been luckly enough not to bump into one. On those trails, it would be a 10-15" away encounter. No something I'd look forwards to.

eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2003, 7:57 AM   #3

Heh... You don't have to be in the middle of nowhere to encounter Moose... I used to live in Martindale in the NE or Calgary and our house was literally surrounded by farm land. We had Moose sightings on a regular basis. They liked to hang around the deer and the cattle... I had one morning when I woke up and walked out to the living room and saw a small herd of deer and one juvenile moose not more than fifty feet from our front lawn in the fields... O.o
MichaelE is offline   Reply With Quote