Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 25, 2008, 9:31 AM   #11

Peter - Thanks. The canon 20D is a fantastic camera. There are newer models now but ithis old tank still serves my needs quite well.

LomitaMike - Thanks. Shooting these low light shots require a fast apeture and high ISO. A simple 50mm lens works great. Although I would like have a wider angle lens for some of the bigger tank shots. Ya there was a ton of kids there on the day I went too. When we walked out of the parking structure, there were 4 buses in front of the Aquarium! :O

DaveLundy - Thanks. I didn't do too much color adjustment in CS2. I think for the most part, I increased the Blue color just to enhance the color of the water more. What equipment are you shooting with now? If you plan on shooting aquarium shots, I would go for a 50mm prime the faster the better.

Best regards all

- Hung
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2008, 2:49 AM   #12

royce10 wrote:
Quote:

DaveLundy - Thanks. I didn't do too much color adjustment in CS2. I think for the most part, I increased the Blue color just to enhance the color of the water more. What equipment are you shooting with now? If you plan on shooting aquarium shots, I would go for a 50mm prime the faster the better.

Best regards all

- Hung
Thanks. I'm currently using a Nikon D300, but I don't have any prime lenses nor any particularly fast lenses. My main lenses are a Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-6.6 VR and a Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR.
DaveLundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2008, 9:03 AM   #13

DaveLundy wrote:
Quote:
royce10 wrote:
Quote:

Best regards all

- Hung
Thanks. I'm currently using a Nikon D300, but I don't have any prime lenses nor any particularly fast lenses. My main lenses are a Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-6.6 VR and a Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR.
that's a nice kit. i'd highly recommend the nikkor 50mm f1.4 lens. it would compliment your kit well. great for natural light portraits and aquarium photography.

- hung
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2008, 5:51 PM   #14

Lovely shots Hung! Your use of light and DOF is excellent! Great shots - all of them....cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote