Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 2, 2008, 7:45 AM   #1

I never paid much attention to bird pictures until recently when I tried it. It's tough and my hat is off to those with the patience and gear to take good shots. The mediocore shot below is the result of many mornings, and at least10 shots, spent sitting in the garden waiting for this sucker. He knew of course that I was there and was just messing with me as he refused to go to a flower as soon as I set foot in the back yard. Now, when I look at great bird pictures I have great respect the people behind the camera. K10 with Tamron 18-250. Oh yeah, now I also get the need for LONG lenses. Thanks.
Attached Images

pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2008, 7:46 AM   #2

That's at least 100 shots folks not 10.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 10:05 AM   #3

Beautiful shot! That all in one Tamron lens works pretty well it looks like...cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 10:41 AM   #4

Beware of getting too much into bird photography! It can be addictive, expensive, and trying to the patience. :-) It can also be annoying to those you're with, especially when you stop a car too quickly because you see a beautiful red-tailed hawk in a tree by the road, or you delay going into a restaurant because you've suddenly spotted a bunch of birds in a tree across the parking lot and you HAVE to see what they are, etc. But, it can also be tremendously enjoyable and will make you far more observant of all the things around you.

I've been observing the work of the outstanding photographers in this forum, and occasionally submitting my feeble efforts, for a little more than a year now, and my hat is off to all of them. The quality of their work is consistently outstanding and both a lesson and an inspiration to those of us striving to improve.

You've got a great start, and I hope you'll continue to share.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 2:54 PM   #5

Welcome to the birding world and well done on this difficult subject! One of the things I enjoy about bird photography is that it enables me (us) to takethings (birds) that are small and make them big on the screen / our prints. That's when we can really appreciate the beauty of the avian world. Keep shooting! Cheers, Dan
fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 9:44 PM   #6

You are off to a good start on getting addicted to bird photography. :-) Great colors and of course Hummers are lots of fun.
Sabine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 10:42 PM   #7

Great capture, very pretty photo.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 7:28 PM   #8

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
Beware of getting too much into bird photography! It can be addictive, expensive, and trying to the patience. :-) It can also be annoying to those you're with, especially when you stop a car too quickly because you see a beautiful red-tailed hawk in a tree by the road, or you delay going into a restaurant because you've suddenly spotted a bunch of birds in a tree across the parking lot and you HAVE to see what they are, etc. But, it can also be tremendously enjoyable and will make you far more observant of all the things around you.

I've been observing the work of the outstanding photographers in this forum, and occasionally submitting my feeble efforts, for a little more than a year now, and my hat is off to all of them. The quality of their work is consistently outstanding and both a lesson and an inspiration to those of us striving to improve.

You've got a great start, and I hope you'll continue to share.

Paul
ha ha! I thought I was the only one that did that sort of thing Paul!
better pay attention pboerger, these guys know what they speak.:-) nice pic
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 8:45 AM   #9

HELP! Now I'm out in the garden every morning camera at the ready. Some days he shows, some days he doesn't and even when he does, a picture is not always forthcoming. Nice being out in the garden in the morning, which I rarely did before.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 5:39 PM   #10

Now, see thereā€¦ you get to relax and enjoy the garden, and take pix!
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote