Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Nov 21, 2008, 8:30 PM   #1

CROW vs EAGLE Behavior (burst mode/crow call)

I think this post is a good example of why my crow call helps me get lots of extra keepers. Crows are just a pain in the Bu@& as far as other wildlife is concerned. Over the years I have seen them pester about everything out in the woods. I also think this series shows why I always have my camera set on the fastest burst possible.

Enjoying the early morning sun, while I have a cup of coffee. I already got a bunch of shots so now I relax with a cup of coffee and good company (Bald Eagle)

His shoulders tell me he hears or sees something

Looks like a nice peaceful morning is going downhill fast. I reached over and got my camera. A couple of Crows have decide to pester the Eagle.

The Crow was very noisy yelling at the Eagle. He did have the eagles attention.

I was surprised at how close he buzzed the eagle.

The eagle was watching and didn't look happy about what was going on.

Here comes the 2nd Crow yelling as he gets closer. The eagle this time screamed at the crow.

The first Crow after making a circle decides to land on the same tree.

Now there is two Crows yelling at him. One flying by and the other behind him on a limb.

This time the Crow was close enough that the eagle leans back away from him

The Eagle is watching to see if the Crows are leaving

Nope they are still on a tree yelling about 25 yards away so the eagle is going to turn around and leave.

Thats all the eagle is on his way across the lake.

When all the action was finished I poured me a cup of coffee and leaned back in the drivers seat in my camera wagon and started thinking about life. This is my opinion and my feelings not about anybody else just me.

Every year I have folks ask me "How can you live here ??? (Chama, New Mexico) There is nothing to do. You don't have any shopping, movies, dancing or places to go to have fun" I just smile and tell them a fellow has to make a living. I am thinking "How can you live in a city ??? There is nothing to do that is fun". Different strokes for different folks is very real. My wife has to drive 2 hours to do any kind of shopping and does it about once a month or longer. She waits as long as she can to go to the city. How lucky I am I found my thing and lucky me most folks wouldn't like it on a regular basis so my lifestyle is not crowded with lots of folks. Most folks could see what I just saw if they went to a movie theater or saw it on TV, I got to see it live and I feel like I was part of something that is so real and yet not seen by many. Wildlife doing there thing. Some of you will probably laugh at this and that is OK, laughing is good for you. The other day I had to go to the City (Santa Fe, New Mexico) on business and the whole time I was there I was very uncomfortable and un-settled. On the way back home in the evening I took a side trip about 4 miles off the highway to a little lake. I stopped got out and went over and sat on a rock and sure enough almost like a miracle drug I was feeling very comfortable and happy again.

Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:43 PM   #2

Lovely series, Roger. More important, you know what happiness is for you and you live it.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:20 AM   #3

lesmore49 wrote:
Quote:
Lovely series, Roger. More important, you know what happiness is for you and you live it.
One of the nice things about getting older is you can enjoy and know what works for you.

Wacky roger
Old Nov 22, 2008, 1:16 PM   #4

The Image Qulaity of this series is superb, Roger, you've managedsuperb colors and exposures in all of theimages, as well as excellent detail. Great stuff !!

I really enjoy your epilogue and wholeheartedly agree with your concept of living. I don't believe we were designed for the rat-race living (?) of city life - nothing better than to be in the freshair and open lands !!

PS - I see the time on your camera shows close to 8.00 pm ??
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2008, 6:52 PM   #5

JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:
The Image Qulaity of this series is superb, Roger, you've managedsuperb colors and exposures in all of theimages, as well as excellent detail. Great stuff !!

I really enjoy your epilogue and wholeheartedly agree with your concept of living. I don't believe we were designed for the rat-race living (?) of city life - nothing better than to be in the freshair and open lands !!

PS - I see the time on your camera shows close to 8.00 pm ??
Jake, YUP!!! it was getting late the only light was on the upper part of the trees on a ridge.

Thanks for the nice comment.

Wacky roger