Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Nov 24, 2008, 10:11 AM   #1

went to the park yesterday to take advantage of a rare (this time of year!)sunny day, and found a number of wood ducks. haven't seen that many of these little fellas the last couple of years, so it's nice to see them back... 40D, 400mm, various exposures at f/6.3...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2008, 6:08 PM   #2

Nice shots, Wood ducks are such pretty birds. Even the drab ol' females are pretty.
I wish I could fine some nice tame ones down here.
Good work Rocky,

Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2008, 10:21 AM   #3

Great set of Woodies Squirl. Love the lady on the post. You really caught her colours which are just as nice, I think, as the male's - only a little more subdued and tougher to see..Great stuff!...cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2008, 9:50 PM   #4

thanks, Steve and Don... i'm hoping these little fellas will stick around long enough come spring to let me get some more shots of 'em! it's been a couple of years since there were any males here, at least more than a couple, and this time, i counted at least 6, so maybe i'll get some more photo ops again this spring...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2008, 11:09 AM   #5

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
thanks, Steve and Don... i'm hoping these little fellas will stick around long enough come spring to let me get some more shots of 'em! it's been a couple of years since there were any males here, at least more than a couple, and this time, i counted at least 6, so maybe i'll get some more photo ops again this spring...
If you ever make it up to Vancouver, let me know, and I'll point you to, or take you to a couple of locations for Wood Ducks. They've settled right in to 2 locations on our lower mainland, and are an easy catch...cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2008, 6:48 PM   #6

great catch! wood ducks are great subjects and your pics are great.

i have seen wood ducks at our local sanctuary but they are chain-link fenced in. a female showed up at my pond this week so i got a couple of shots of her. i also think the females are pretty.

ellen fl

ellenfl is offline   Reply With Quote