Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 1, 2009, 9:46 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default Camera Wagon / Mobile Blind

Camera Wagon / Mobile Blind

Since 95% of the time it is used to help me find wildlife I figured this was the right forum.

Every year I try to up-grade my equipment and this year I picked my camera wagon for a up-grade. A few more accessories and I can stay in the camera wagon this winter and drink hot coffee instead of hiking in and sitting under a tree. I wanted to get it done early summer so by fall it can have time to fade a little.

1.


2.


3.



Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:11 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
squirl033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,696
Default

wow, Roger... is that a paint job, or one of those applique things? looks like the oak-leaf pattern that works well in the northeast in fall and winter, but in the green where you are, it might not blend in quite so well...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 9:02 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirl033 View Post
wow, Roger... is that a paint job, or one of those applique things? looks like the oak-leaf pattern that works well in the northeast in fall and winter, but in the green where you are, it might not blend in quite so well...

It should do just fine in the fall. Fall is when I need it the most.


Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:56 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 3,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackyRoger View Post
It should do just fine in the fall. Fall is when I need it the most.


Wacky roger
You have a great set up there Roger. I always liked the FJ Cruiser and as a mobile 'camera blind' especially with the camouflage it would be hard to beat...when sneaking up on animals and birds.

A buddy of mine who is a great wildlife photographer...during the Spring, Summer and Fall always wears camouflage clothes and hat he got from Cabela's.


In the winter he wears whites...all to blend in and not spook the wildlife.


BTW, I know you use Canon equipment, but you started with a K10D and a Sigma 50-500....do you still use the Pentax and Bigma ?

Your pictures were/are wonderful with either brand.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 7:18 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 750
Default

Nice rig Wacky. Does it have a hatch in the top so you can stand up and shoot from there?
May be something to consider.
Flying Fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:12 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
You have a great set up there Roger. I always liked the FJ Cruiser and as a mobile 'camera blind' especially with the camouflage it would be hard to beat...when sneaking up on animals and birds.

A buddy of mine who is a great wildlife photographer...during the Spring, Summer and Fall always wears camouflage clothes and hat he got from Cabela's.


In the winter he wears whites...all to blend in and not spook the wildlife.


BTW, I know you use Canon equipment, but you started with a K10D and a Sigma 50-500....do you still use the Pentax and Bigma ?

Your pictures were/are wonderful with either brand.
I still use my K10 a lot with my Tamron 24-135 lens. I also am a Camo believer.

Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:12 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Fossil View Post
Nice rig Wacky. Does it have a hatch in the top so you can stand up and shoot from there?
May be something to consider.

Now that might be a real gooood idea.

Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:53 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackyRoger View Post
Now that might be a real gooood idea.

Wacky roger
I have set up a couple of rigs over the years for varmint hunting. Also makes for a good platform for your camera. Stand up in the hatch, start blowing your call, whichever one would apply and have camera ready.
An electronic caller would also be nice for that so that you have both hands free to handle the camera.

Damn, I may have to get another 4 wheeler. LOL
Flying Fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:35 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
ride16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 501
Default

Pretty sweet ride!
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:16 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
ennacac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,198
Default

Hi Roger, reminds me of the camo arrows I got for bow hunting, never found any of them after I shot them, so be careful where you park the Camera Wagon or you may not find it again.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.