Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 28, 2010, 9:20 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
SharpShotGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kitsap Penninsula, Washington State
Posts: 1,217
Default

Great! I was looking to catch some Eagles when I was the light house in Mukeltio, WA but I guess with all the noise from the construction they would not be near... Hope I can get some when I take the boys out to the park in the Mts.... They do look cold and I see the lower one did a lot of the changing in pose must of be its turn for watch...
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 2:33 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Eetu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Posts: 2,212
Default

Utterly awesome photos... I wonder how far away you were and what lense you used... Just don't have any other words... these pictures speak for themselves. Very happy you shared these. Thanks. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:52 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
Terrific job in tricky lighting. No. 3 has a great pose, with both looking in the same direction - that one alone is worth the price of admission.

Thanks Penolta for the nice comment.
__________________
WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 1:12 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
toshi43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vernon BC Canada
Posts: 1,618
Default

Those are some amazing shots, and it helps to have such cooperative subjects. Bald Eagles aren't uncommon around here, but I could never get close enough to take fantastic shots like these. I know you used a very long lens to capture them, but how close did you actually have to get? Were the eagles aware of your presence?
__________________
Fujifilm FinePix HS10, Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Pentax E-80 P&S, Sunpak auto383 flash, Optex slave flash, Velbon VGB3 heavy-metal tripod, TechPro TP-242 tripod with B62 ballhead, assorted filters and other bits.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:32 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
Great! I was looking to catch some Eagles when I was the light house in Mukeltio, WA but I guess with all the noise from the construction they would not be near... Hope I can get some when I take the boys out to the park in the Mts.... They do look cold and I see the lower one did a lot of the changing in pose must of be its turn for watch...


Gooood luck on your Eagle search.
__________________
WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:33 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Utterly awesome photos... I wonder how far away you were and what lense you used... Just don't have any other words... these pictures speak for themselves. Very happy you shared these. Thanks. Ned

I used my 500 with a 1.4 converter. Very little crop.
__________________
WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:34 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshi43 View Post
Those are some amazing shots, and it helps to have such cooperative subjects. Bald Eagles aren't uncommon around here, but I could never get close enough to take fantastic shots like these. I know you used a very long lens to capture them, but how close did you actually have to get? Were the eagles aware of your presence?

Yes they knew I was there. Every year towards the end of the season if I go and sit and wait for them to come to the tree they don't mind me being there. At the 1st of the season it is a different story.
__________________
WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 1:50 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Eetu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Posts: 2,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackyRoger View Post
I used my 500 with a 1.4 converter. Very little crop.

500 with a 1.4 converter.... wow, I just can't get over the clarity. You, sir, have one good lense. Very happy for your shots. Thanks for sharing them.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 6:25 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,522
Default

Beautiful results of your patience & skill. Thanks so much for sharing!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 6:29 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
maggo85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arzl im Pitztal/Austria/Europe
Posts: 1,135
Default

Amazing shots of two really beautiful birds - WOW
__________________
Markus Rimml Photography | Facebook | Twitter

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.