Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:37 PM   #1

Default Sandhill Cranes

Come here and let me poke your eyes out!
Attached Images

tizeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:17 PM   #2

Another great set!
I'm starting to think you live fairly close to my own back yard.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:34 PM   #3

Closer than you think.
I just updated my bio. But I grew up in Winter Haven, graduated from WHHS and PCC and still have family there. Don't know if your GB Heron photos were in the local lakes, but I swam and skied in them - never saw an eel in my diving though.

Back in the 60's I use to wade around to that island in Lake Howard next to WSIR. Deep hole if went direct so had to hug the lily pads to the left. Came back from college and saw where a huge bull gator now calls the island home.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:31 PM   #4

LOL. I thought so! looking at some of your shots, for a moment, I thought you had hacked my hard drive.

I'm not a native but, moved to Lakeland from California twenty something years ago.
Since I've been working at Winter Haven hospital for the last 20 years I decided to move here about 5 years ago, a much shorter drive to work.

My shots of the GBH and the snake were taken at a new nature reserve near PCC called "Circle Bar B" don't know if you're familiar with it but, its a great place for getting all kinds of nature shots.

Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:29 PM   #5

Now that is funny. Don't know that particular nature reserve - just thought it was a canal on the chain of lakes. From 69-71 I also worked at the hospital, 5th floor psych tech (or Interaction Therapist as we were called)

The Sandhill Crane is in a housing development in Orlando (or Oviedo) that won several awards due to it's design. Think of a golf course community without a golf course. Where the fairways would be is undeveloped natural conservation areas.

The Blue Heron was in the Merritt Island National Wildlife Reservewhich borders the NASA Space Center.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:37 AM   #6

Wow, what a coincidence, small world as they say. My wife also works for WWH, although she works down the street at a building they call the Sweet Center and the department is called the Behavior Health Division. oh, and I work in the Hospitals in-plant print shop. we print everything the hospital uses in the way of printed material, charts, forms, letter heads business cards etc.

I've been wanting to go to the Reserve at Merritt Island for a while now, just can't seem to come up with the money and the time, both at the same time! Anyway, I hope to get there soon.

Cheers,