Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jun 11, 2002, 2:00 AM   #1

Default Fighting for the Female (282kb)

Shot at the San Diego Wild Animal Park from at least 1/4 mile, 420mm @ f/8. Resized 50% and cropped.
RonReznick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2002, 8:06 AM   #2

Default The Battle at High Noon!

Hi Ron,
Nice catch! What a great place to teach the elements of photography! I envy you. I only wish I had budgeted more time there on my last trip. There sure are an incredible number of great opportunities there. I see it's still green and lush, even this late into the hot season!

Nice to see mother nature's creations doing what comes "naturally"...

Best regards,

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2002, 10:35 AM   #3

Default Showdown at the WAP Corral

It really is a great place. There were still a number of egrets in mating plumage; I got a fabulous sequence of 62 shots of this fight between the young male antelope; watched an adult Night Heron fighting a juvenile for a prized spot in a palm tree (the juvenile won); saw a bunch of baby Cattle Egrets and a large number of other interesting critters, and just generally had a good time.

My client (Peter) was shooting animals for the first time, and out of the 300+ he took, came back with 45 keepers *to my standards* along with some good shots (and some clunkers of course). He had a fabulous time, and knows what to do now in various situations. While I think he might have been a bit overwhelmed by both the information and the venue, he had a permanent smile pasted on his face and as he absorbs it I have a feeling that he is going to look back on this weekend with great pleasure.

You really should get back there sometime when you can devote a 6 hour day (10AM to 4PM), Lin. It's well worth the effort.

More from the SDWAP later...
Old Jun 11, 2002, 1:34 PM   #4

Now there is something you donít see everyday, beautiful catch Ron. For a minute, I though you were off the wilds of Africa. Looks like the guy on the left is waiting his turn.
Tom C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2002, 7:50 PM   #5

Actually, it seemed more like he was the referee

At the end of this bout, the one on the left ran away. The "referee" wandered off, and the one on the right stood his ground triumphantly.
Old Jun 12, 2002, 6:39 PM   #6

Default Really interesting shot, Ron!

Ouch! My aching head!
WalterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2002, 6:50 PM   #7

Terrific shot, Ron! I haven't been there in years...I think I'll wait till it cools off a bit now though. :P
Purrcat is offline   Reply With Quote