Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:38 AM   #1

Default In Close...on the cheap.

When you dont have the luxury of a zoo or the deep pockets for that big glass there is always an alternitive. This blind is a one piece folding chair unit that conceals one with camo and is weather proof. It affords plenty of room inside to accomodate ones gear including the use of a monopod or tripod, with plenty of room left over for coffee and donuts. It has zipper windows in the front and both sides. She sets up in about a minute or two and folds away into its own carrying case in as much time. Sold at Walmart for 50 bucks. Which is a cheap price to pay to get you in close. When you do set it up make sure your targeting the right limb.
Attached Images

emptyquiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:46 AM   #2

Yeah, if it works for hunters... oughta work for photogs too! That first pic looks like a disembodied balaclava.
spacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:32 AM   #3

LOL.. your
right it does.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 9:26 AM   #4

Thanks for sharing, and the instructions.

What an interesting blind.

I also first thought photo #1 was a balaclava on the ground.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:32 AM   #5

Took the opportunity to use it again the other morning. Got it sent up in the dark without a hitch, climbed in and set up my tripod with the camera attached and pointed in the right direction and zippered the front flap up around the lens, poured a cup of coffee and waited for the sunrise. Sat in place for the better part of a half hour when I caught site of a couple of adults coming in from across the bay. I quickly rechecked the camera settings and got ready to take advantage. One of the birds was an adult and the other a juvenile, they came in and started to pull back their wings and perch when a couple of shots rang out. With the sounds of gunfire so close, I knew at that moment the game was up and the morning was a wash. Of course the eagles hightailed it and there was nothing more for me to do except to pack it up. Duck hunters had also set up below me on the waters edge, out of my site of vision. In the future I'll have to review the seasons dates before another venture to this area. I nearly had them.