Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Mar 29, 2004, 5:56 PM   #1

Default Dandelion in my Backyard

I took this picture today in my backyard. I was quite bored. I used MACRO setting and had white balance on AUTO and the EV on Auto. I later balanced out the contrast/colour using acDsee, and used Helicon noise filter (which works VERY well for free software) to get rid of unwanted noise. I think this is pretty nice eh? Wanted the dandelion more in the center, maybe i will go and shoot sommore outside. Darn a big cloud just came. maybe later.

Cow Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2004, 4:58 PM   #2

Comments are most welcome by the way.
Old Mar 30, 2004, 6:01 PM   #3

I will be brutal. Well, maybe not brutal, maybe just imposing. In my opinion crop out the tree-house. I looked at just the bottom of the shot, and I liked it better. Not that I know what I'm talking about, but the subject has too many distractions around it.

By the way, do you eat your dandelion greens? If the leaves are still tender, and no pesticides, or herbecides have been used around them they are "DELICIOUS" braised.
MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2004, 6:38 PM   #4

hmm....that is tough.....i think it would look great cropped.....but the treehouse in the back is pretty cool......
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2004, 6:51 PM   #5

Normally i would agree with MG... get rid of the background... but... I see what Vito is saying too... The tree house gives this picture feeling... a "This is MY backyard!" kind of feeling...
Mr_Saginaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2004, 7:44 PM   #6

you know wat is interesting? there are no other visible dandelions in the bg of this shot.....

also....if you cropped....you'd still see the tree house a little in the bg.....
Old Mar 30, 2004, 10:24 PM   #7

thanks for the feedback, im a newbie at this whole photography thing. I decided not to crop because I liked the treehouse, it gave a "homlike" feel to it. Il try cropping it and post it, see how it looks. Ya lol there are no other danelions because my parents went dandelion killing crazy last year. :P
Just something to make the viewer ponder about

" By the way, do you eat your dandelion greens? If the leaves are still tender, and no pesticides, or herbecides have been used around them they are "DELICIOUS" braised."

what are you talking about? to me that sounds lke alot of gibberish.
Old Mar 30, 2004, 10:29 PM   #8

Ok i cropped it here it is

I cropped just below the floor of the treehouse to eliminate that sort of crooked thing happening, and centered the subject as much as possible. Like it now?
Old Mar 31, 2004, 10:39 AM   #9

is that dandelion still alive and there? cuz i'd go back and take another shot......with grass as the background. And use a large arperture (small number)......i like the non-cropped version a bit better....
Old Mar 31, 2004, 6:58 PM   #10

Both are good...I like the ant's perspective that you have captured.

I am also quite admiring of that playhouse. Your kids are obviously well loved and you are a craftsman.

(or at least you know a good craftsman!)
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote