Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 10, 2004, 8:53 AM   #11

Ok, I'm gonna have to try the duck thing I guess. There's a local city park that has a pond where people feed the ducks.... they're so friendly that they'll walk right up to you. My kids love that place, so it looks like we need to make a visit. Last time we went, this large goose walks up and I'm thinking "ok he's gonna bite me or something" but I put my hand out with a piece of bread on it, and he took it from me. Turns out he was just being friendly. That one actually liked his head scratched, I've never seen anything like it! Of course, I didn't think to take the camera with me that day....

Nice photos, Eric,your work never fails to look stunning. Kinda like Frank Doorhof, except you shoot more wildlife, whereas he shoots more portraits.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2004, 10:25 PM   #12

Tobias1 wrote:
Quote:
Love all your photos Eric ....keep em coming ...nice to see the exif data posted too ...just starting in the digital world with a D70 ....take a peek if you have time

http://www.pbase.com/tobias1/nikon_d70_pics

Cheers !

Thanks Tobias, lovely gallery you have there, keep on shooting :-)

Cheers !
Eric CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2004, 10:28 PM   #13

Guitarman wrote:
Quote:
Ok, I'm gonna have to try the duck thing I guess. There's a local city park that has a pond where people feed the ducks.... they're so friendly that they'll walk right up to you. My kids love that place, so it looks like we need to make a visit. Last time we went, this large goose walks up and I'm thinking "ok he's gonna bite me or something" but I put my hand out with a piece of bread on it, and he took it from me. Turns out he was just being friendly. That one actually liked his head scratched, I've never seen anything like it! Of course, I didn't think to take the camera with me that day....

Nice photos, Eric,your work never fails to look stunning. Kinda like Frank Doorhof, except you shoot more wildlife, whereas he shoots more portraits.

Frank is doing very nice photos for sure, love them. I have no talent for portrait, and really its not my main interest, I'm into birds and animals and of course nature shots.

Dang, bring the camera next time and take photos ! Hehe, so far ducks are quite shy in my presence, guess I'll start to bring crumb breads too, so I can take shots more easily.

Thanks for the kind words

Old May 10, 2004, 10:32 PM   #14

Eric, my 300D is in for calibration, and has been for over a month. I have a Sigma 50-500 sitting on my bedroom table, waiting to be used. Your posts are both painful and wonderful, since they cause my belly to"ache" in anticipation of getting that camera back and cause it to flutter and flap in anticipation of being able to capture shots even "close" to your excellent works. I hope Canon hasn't lost my camera.

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 7:33 AM   #15

Normcar wrote:
Quote:
Eric, my 300D is in for calibration, and has been for over a month. I have a Sigma 50-500 sitting on my bedroom table, waiting to be used. Your posts are both painful and wonderful, since they cause my belly to"ache" in anticipation of getting that camera back and cause it to flutter and flap in anticipation of being able to capture shots even "close" to your excellent works. I hope Canon hasn't lost my camera.

That's no fun Norm, what was the reason ? Constant Err 99 ? I had only one Err 99 so far in 3800 shots, happened at 3200 or something, it was the shutter, it made a weird noise. Turned off, then on, all fine since then. Where did you sent it ? NJ ?

Old May 11, 2004, 11:48 PM   #16

Eric, I'm somewhat embarrassed because nothingterrible was wrong with the camera overall. I had a few too many blurred shots in sports photography so Iwas thinking about sendingit in with all of the lenses to get checked. However, I wasn't sure whether or not this was necessary, then the 420 flash began to misfire or not fire at all, and that's what caused me to act on the matter.Canon must have found something wrong because it's been about a month and a half since I had my camera shop send it back and the shop boss claims that this rarely happens, and it should be back by now.

I have a Sigma 50-500, a 2x apo converter, and a 70-200 2.8 sitting on the table beside my bed. They've been sitting there, on vacation, for a very long time now. The only thing that's saving me at the moment is this FZ10 that keeps me active. In real good light it can do a nice job, but I'm aching to get my Rebel back so I can play with the 50-500, especially after seeing your shots!

Thanks for the posts

PS, I'm from Canada so I'd guess that my camera shop sent it to Canon Canada.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote