Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 23, 2004, 10:16 AM   #1

Here are a few photographs taken early this morning just as the sun was peeking out. ISO 800, no processing (except for brightening a touch here and there), cropped and resized:

One landing a bit later

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2004, 11:13 PM   #2

I really like the light in the first one, and how it plays with the fog. Not the most inspired subjects, but good light can do a lot for a picture.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2004, 11:17 PM   #3

Thanks Eric, that was my goal, and a positive comment from you was perhaps the most valuable thing I could wish for. Thanks for the comment and suggestions. I completely respect your views on light.
Old May 24, 2004, 11:36 AM   #4

wow! i love the fog in these shots! i like the first one alot...the only problem i have with it...is the direction the birds are facing...it think it would be better if they were facing the other way...but that isn't something you can change

nice shots again norm!
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2004, 1:31 PM   #5

These pictures are giving me the chills! The first one is beautiful! Was it a foggy morning? Or was the fog actually steam from the lake? I love taking pictures while the lake is steaming, it seems to reflect the sunlight adding character to the picture. Here in Minnesota, we are known for our 94 degree weather one day and 44 degree weather the next. Could be an advantage for photographers, but somewhat of an inconvenience for everyone else. Hehe.

Anyways, a little bit of a tangent there. But great, gorgeous pictures. Number 1 is a for sure keeper.
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2004, 10:04 PM   #6

Thanks Jenni, it was a foggy morning and the first day I got my camera back from being recalibrated. I'd read a book about morning light and since I couldn't sleep because of thinking about it I went to this location at about 5 am to test things out. I'm glad you like the results, thanks for commenting.