Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jun 25, 2004, 1:38 PM   #21

Cute shot Norm, Geoff thanks for the bird song link, now I can put a 'face' on that popular song I hear in the woods

Thanks !
Eric CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2004, 1:38 PM   #22

Cute shot Norm, Geoff thanks for the bird song link, now I can put a 'face' on that popular song I hear in the woods

Thanks !
Eric CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2004, 1:51 PM   #23

Normcar wrote:
Quote:
People like Vito, who are excellent at bringing about fine detailed problems in photos are definitely "not" what the average photog wants, but it "is" what I want. I love the critique. I'm posting this primarily because I hope that some people who can do something about it will read and heed
I have really been thinking about this statement since you first posted it, Norm. Here's my conclusions so far:

1. As an amateur photographer with limited financial resources currently, I want to be able to post pictures that may not be up to the same technical excellence standards as other photos posted here by pro or semi-pro photographers.

2. I don't mind having my pictures critiqued. But, the critique is most useful if its aim is to point out how I could have improved composition, setup the shot better, or utilized the capabilities of my equipment in a more technically excellent manner. I'll not be offended by that and I will learn from it. Critique which points out things that, given the equipment I am using, cannot be improved upon, is pointless except for making me feel that I have unworthy equipment. With no means to change that in the present or near future, it just serves to demoralize me.

3. Critique which teaches me how to better post-process an image for a better result is always welcome. I need to learn how to use PSE2, PSP8, and ultimately PS, better!

4. All the pictures of wildlife posted here help everyone peeking in to better understand these animals that live around us - a worthy goal in and of itself.

My two cents...
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2004, 2:22 PM   #24

That's a good suggestion, Vito. I will personally add the "not for critique" to photos that I post for the sake of ident or recording an interesting event.

Critique which points out things that, given the equipment I am using, cannot be improved upon, is pointless except for making me feel that I have unworthy equipment.

Geoff, I agree fully with that statement and that is perhaps one of my major concerns. Anyway, I think I've beaten this horse to death so it's time to move on.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2004, 6:27 PM   #25

thanks norm...

geoffs statement is true too....i hope i haven't done that.....if i have..i'm sorry

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2004, 8:10 PM   #26

Vito, you've been a good boy :-)

I've never felt that your critique has been done with negative overtones. Just keep it coming...
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2004, 10:12 PM   #27

thanks i try to word them in a sense that they won't read it thinking "wat the heck...will nothing please this kid?!"

lol

Vito
Old Jun 27, 2004, 10:13 PM   #28

oops.....my internet connection spazzed....so i didn't think that last one posted...apparently it did!

sry bout that...

Vito
Old Jun 27, 2004, 10:37 PM   #29

I sense a "double post" glitch in the new software
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote