Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jun 29, 2004, 7:26 PM   #11

I like your shot of the tree swallow I've been trying to get a decent picture of one for quite a while.. I took a picture of a similar bird (I think it's called a barn swallow). I can never quite get close enough to get a good shot of the tree swallow though.

photo_mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 7:34 PM   #12

photo_mage, that is indeed a barn swallow, and it's obvious you got close enough to it to take a very nice view of it. Very good shot.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 9:19 PM   #13

it is definetely a great shot, but it is way too compressed...imo...i think 32kb is too small...at least when you can see the compression....

i'd stay above "6" in compression...or if you are it "save for web" stay about "60"

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 10:21 PM   #14

Hi photo_mage, this photo is extremely cute, I fell in love with the bird immediately. Is the aspect ratio a bit stretched on this one or is this the actual aspect of this particular bird. I can't figure it out because the wood looks fine (aspect ratio wise)but the bird seems wider than normal...and I think this actually is one of the reasons I get such a kick out of it. I think it may just be a fat little barn swallow with a cute expression. Please let me know, and great shot!
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 10:46 PM   #15

Thanks. That's the way the birdie was! :-)I liked the picture because the bird looked like he just wasn't happy with my taking his picture. Although he did let me get extremely close. I just wish the tree swallows would be so trusting.

I do try to keep image size down on my posts. Perhaps I'll make two versions, the lo-res one linking to a less compressed version. I'll try that and see if I can get it to work.

Here's a link to a less compressed version:

http://www.digital-visions.biz/photo...swallowlrg.jpg

My trying to keep image sizes down probably comes from my former life as a web designer. :-)
photo_mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 12:52 AM   #16

photo_mage, the size of your photos is excellent, I hope you don't feel a need to make them larger. Thanks for that excellent record of a beautiful bird. I've photographed them myself and find their personalities to be magnetic!

So far that's my absolute favorite photo of these birds, and that includes my own photos as well. You caught this personality magically. I wouldn't want to argue with this bird.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 1:54 PM   #17

ok that's better...that second one is plenty small for posting here....you just want to compress it under 300...lol...

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote