Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 3, 2004, 10:27 PM   #11

Hi zoomm, thanks for the kind words. That Marsh sunset is the only photo that made it for photo of the week on that site (bytephoto.com). None of my bird shots are good for them it seems (the voters), LOL ! I don't mind, not everyone understand the involvement of making good bird shots.

Cheers !
Eric CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2004, 11:28 PM   #12

Eric CAN wrote:
Quote:
The moon shot was done with a coolpix 995, description was there. I bought a special adapter back then and carefully aligned the camera with the eyepiece. The key there was really the ND filter, that made a whole lot of a difference.

Ohh I see, didn't know none of these were found in the west coast.
Scopetronix will soon have an adapter for my Oly c8080. When they do, I am going to buy it and set my camera up on a 4.5" richfield dobsonian that I've got. It'll be good for moon and sun (with appropriate filters) shots, maybe for Saturn and Jupiter too, but that's about it because my telescope is not guided. Thanks for the tip on the ND filter - I'll probably pick up 1 or more of them.

On the west coast we have Scrub Jays (very common in lowlands and in residential areas), Steller's Jays (more up in mountains but also in lowlands in conifer woods), and Gray Jays.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 12:00 AM   #13

Let me know when you start selling some prints, Eric, as I'd personally like topurchase a print of the Common Redpole with the dark background. I think, Common Redpole 1, on your site. I know that I saw the one I want on another posting that you made of darker backgrounds, but I can't seem to find it as I'm not positive on how long ago you posted that thread. I have a slow modem connection so I can't rush about checking things out like some.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 7:18 PM   #14

Cool Norm, off the record I sell prints already, just email me.

Let me know precisely which one you want from my gallery.

Cheers
Eric CAN is offline   Reply With Quote