Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 2, 2004, 11:48 PM   #1

I wasn't going to post this shot but decided to after seeing aladyforty's stuff. Thanks alady, for giving me the boldness... I like the emotion in this one.

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2004, 12:04 AM   #2

Very nice, Norm. Being in shadow makes it tougher, but these look to be 2 tree swallows. I can't tell sex in these photos so... is it 2 swallows in love or 1 male swallow warning the other away?

When I first looked at the picture on my screen I only saw the bird on the left. Then I realized that this was a very wide image (duh - look at the scroll bars Geoff!) and that's when I scrolled over to see the great freeze action shot of the bird on the right. Good trigger finger there, Norm!

A technical question: did you use a hi-speed shooting mode or did you just anticipate this one well?
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2004, 12:13 AM   #3

Since it was a terribly rainy day, it was an experiment only. I had to use a very high ISO and I shuttered as fast as possible. Technically, the photo stinks, but emotionally I think it has promise. Thanks for the comments.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 12:14 AM   #4

Since it was a terribly rainy day, it was an experiment only. I had to use a very high ISO and I shuttered as fast as possible. Technically, the photo stinks, but emotionally I think it has promise. Thanks for the comments.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 12:15 AM   #5

But... was I right? Are they tree swallows?
Old Jul 3, 2004, 12:17 AM   #6

Hmm, maybe my posts are doubling because I'm hitting the send button twice? In any event, I'll keep that in mind and make sure that I hit send only once.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 12:18 AM   #7

I never seem to get the multiple postings when I post Norm. But I have seen it happen with some of the others that post here. I wonder what the common circumstances could be for you and the others...
Old Jul 3, 2004, 12:19 AM   #8

Yes, definitely swallows
Old Jul 3, 2004, 12:19 AM   #9

Yes, definitely swallows

If anyone has any idea why my posts are doubling up please let me know. Am I hitting the wrong key somewhere?
Old Jul 3, 2004, 12:19 AM   #10

i think you're right geoffs...in fact, i'm pretty sure you're right, they look like they are

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"swallows are too cool in the way they fly, the shape of their wings....norm, that's something you could shoot for me, a shot of one flying, tough, but would be amazing...i know you can do it...you'll figure out a little secret to catching them..

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"i'd like to see this shot smaller, to see the whole thing at once, but from here, the action is very nice!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote