Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 9, 2004, 9:34 AM   #1

I had been seeing this owl take off from this tree, so last night I went over and looked for it. This must be its roosting tree cause it is always in it.

Took me about 15 minutes of looking but finally found it. A little ray of sun was hitting its head to illuminate it or I would not have found it. He was way back in the tree. I had a heck of a time getting focus because my camera has no manual focus. I would have preferred to get more of the bird but like the peekabo effect also. Maybe next time he will be in a better spot.

zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2004, 10:07 AM   #2

He is a cute little devil peeking out from among all those branches and leaves! You did a great job of seeking him out and getting the pictures. It makes you wonder how many subjects you walk by within close range and never even know that they are there.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 11:30 AM   #3

Geoffs thanks for taking a look and responding. I like the mystery in these pictures didn't know if anyone else would.

Tell me about walking by stuff and not seeing it.

The first time I saw this owl he was sitting in this same tree about 10 feet right over my head as I was making one of my repeatedly futile attempts at sneaking up on a Bullocks Oriole(I see them every night and have yet to get a good picture). Anyway I had no idea he was thereuntil he comes busting out of that tree from right over my head. I'm awake!!!!!!!
zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 12:35 PM   #4

zoomn wrote:
Quote:
Anyway I had no idea he was thereuntil he comes busting out of that tree from right over my head. I'm awake!!!!!!!
Haha - better it was an owl than a bear! :-)
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote