Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 12, 2004, 1:12 AM   #11

well, if I do, you guys will be the first to see.I don't think I will ever compete with eric, though.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 9:43 AM   #12

Thanks for taking a look guys and for your positive comments. Appreciate it.

geoffs I use digital zoom all the time, I pretty much ignore the line between optical and digital and just use it all as zoom. I don't notice any difference in the pictures where I use optical and crop it up or just use digital. For some odd reason my digital shots seem to be more clear since I started using the c-210.

normcar thanks very much for your kind remarks. Since a lot of my motivation for bird photography comes from your photo of the avocet with his wings up getting a drink, your comments mean a lot to me.

Yes I used the burst mode. The first shot of the bird with the fish speared is a split second after it was pulled from the water, you can still see stuff dripping off it.

The bird sat there with its neck outstretched and its head a couple inches off the water for about 30 seconds, then wham he dove and had that fish out of the water before I could snap a photo.

The second shot, where the bird is swallowing the bird was on burst mode as well.

When the bird tossed the fish in the air a stilt buzzed in and tried to catch it in the air away from the heron. I caught it all in a photo but it ispretty blurry so I did not post, bummer. This is the 3rd shot of the burst.

I like the challenge, I look forward to seeing some "catch" shots with those big lenses. Ithink it will take some doing to get shots of a heron catching a fish bigger than this one however.

zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 9:59 AM   #13

Now thats a shot!

"Catch the moment" is all I can say... wonderful.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 2:04 PM   #14
NHL

Great sequence !!!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 3:20 PM   #15
djb

excellent shots!!!! i'm envious!!!

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote