This was shot this afternoon at sunset

S7000 + Crystalvue f3.2 1/80 Raw at 610mm

Regards
Fernando
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2004, 12:39 AM   #2

Hello Fernando.

Nice shot, if you cropped the original close to the rabbit, we would see much more details and not so much background! Get my point?

Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 6:04 PM   #3

Klaus DK wrote:
Quote:
Hello Fernando.

Nice shot, if you cropped the original close to the rabbit, we would see much more details and not so much background! Get my point?

I guess you're talking about the first shot, right?
I can't crop it much more or the quality will start to suffer I think it's allready a little too soft as it his. If this is what you mean.

Thank you for the comment.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 2:03 AM   #4

Fernando, I love some of the photos you've posted lately. I have a very slow telephone modem and for some reason your photos are not downloading as fast as others.

Your first photograph is extremely sharp and wonderfully cropped, slightly overexposed and I agree with Klaus that a bit of background blur would be nice to take the center of attention off of the backdrop and have it placed where it needs to be, on the subject.

Your second one has downloaded now so I can comment on it. You might consider posting less resolution images on the internet as most screens will resolve not much more than 100 pixels. That's where I suspect the download problem may lie for me, but I'm sure that most are now on cable and fast hookups, so you won't be hurt by not changing your resolution, I'd suspect.

The second rabbit is wonderful. My only suggestions on this one would be to reduce DOF so that the grass in the foreground and the background are not so focused, unless of course that was your intention, then don't change a thing. It's difficult to critique or comment on another work because one doesn't completely know or understand the intentions of the other artist posting.

Anyway, nice photos, and thanks for sharing.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2004, 5:29 AM   #5

Normcar wrote:
Quote:
Fernando, I love some of the photos you've posted lately. I have a very slow telephone modem and for some reason your photos are not downloading as fast as others.

Your first photograph is extremely sharp and wonderfully cropped, slightly overexposed and I agree with Klaus that a bit of background blur would be nice to take the center of attention off of the backdrop and have it placed where it needs to be, on the subject.

Your second one has downloaded now so I can comment on it. You might consider posting less resolution images on the internet as most screens will resolve not much more than 100 pixels. That's where I suspect the download problem may lie for me, but I'm sure that most are now on cable and fast hookups, so you won't be hurt by not changing your resolution, I'd suspect.

The second rabbit is wonderful. My only suggestions on this one would be to reduce DOF so that the grass in the foreground and the background are not so focused, unless of course that was your intention, then don't change a thing. It's difficult to critique or comment on another work because one doesn't completely know or understand the intentions of the other artist posting.

Anyway, nice photos, and thanks for sharing.
Thank you for the comments, Normcar.
About the bluring of the background/foreground I agree with that but I allready had the camera at F3,2, what more can I do besides that to reduce DOF? I tried it with photoshop but I can never do it well enough, somehow it allways looks a little unnatural.

About the pics downloading, were you getting problems with all of them or only with the second rabbit? I'm asking because I'm also taking forever to be able to see that pic, I don't understand why it's the same size of the first.
Anyway from now on I'll start compressing them a little more to avoid this.

Regards
Fernando

Old Jul 18, 2004, 9:10 AM   #6

Hi, Fernando - I can say that the second picture also took what seemed forever to download and that was on my 3mb cable connection. I know it's not my end so it's probably the server where you have the pictures stored that is a bit overloaded and therefore slow in serving that picture up. Why there'd be a difference in download speed between the first and second picture I couldn't say as they are approximately the same size pictures (520kb, 604kb). Wild guess: perhaps the server your pictures are on has some sort of bandwidth throttling scheme in operation where if a particular requesting ip address requests over a certain amount of information in a short amount of time, the server cuts back on the bandwidth allocated to that endpoint.

Compressing the pictures more will help greatly, especially for guys like Norm who only have dialup connections. I find that if I compress so that the final picture is only 100-200kb in size, the picture still looks good and is small enough to not be bothersome when downloading.

Besides that issue, I really like these pictures. The detail in the rabbits is very good and it is interesting to view wildlife from areas of the world other than just North America.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote