Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Aug 18, 2004, 9:16 PM   #1

This spider has taken up residence in my mom's flower patch, so I decided to take a couple pictures of her. I used my Fuji S5000 set at 6 megapixels, with an old Sakar super wide semi-fisheye lens that I got off ebay on the front of it.

Looking at it now, I probably didn't need the wide angle for the second one, since I couldn't get quite as close to her as I did on the first one. These spiders catch a lot of bugs, they're interesting to watch.:-)
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2004, 12:56 AM   #2

If you play with your white balance a bit, you will end up with a masterpiece!
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2004, 11:08 AM   #3

I need to take this wide-angle lens I have to our local camera shop and see if there is any way they could disassemble it and clean the glass lens elements. There is a thin white-looking film on most of one side of one of the elements. If you're taking a picture in fairly bright light or really close up, it's pretty much not an issue, as you can't really see it, but if you are back a little bit from whatever it is that you're taking a photo of, you can see it in your photo. I'm thinking this throws the white balance of the camera off a little, though, it would almost have to. Also, on the one picture that is taken from the bottom side of the spider, I am thinking you can see this film a little, although it's kind of hard to tell as the web is between the spider and the lens, too.

I actually took these two photos in auto mode, so I couldn't have messed with the white balance if I had wanted to. I might give the RAW setting a try next weekend if the spider is still there, just to see how much difference I could make tweaking stuff after the fact. I've never tried using RAW images up to this point, just JPEG.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote