Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Aug 27, 2004, 12:48 AM   #41

I got off to a bad start?" What did I ever do, but politely point out a mistake made by the "resident Expert" How should I have handled it, maybe allow everyone to run around in error, while I figured out how to be a diplomat?

In case no one noticed, I was never the one to rush in blindly, and tell everyone else that they were full of shit. Someone did just that, however, won't mention any names, again.

No problem getting rid of the problem, Folks, the problemj is out of here.

There is no easy way to tell someone they are wrong, unless that person realizes that being wrong is possible.

O.K. Eric, the Damned Bird is an immature Snowy, if that makes You happy. It just does not make You right. Maybe someday You will get lucky and a real bird will land in Beantown.

Goodbye!
tsiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 12:51 AM   #42

Vito, this beats watching "days of our lives" which is what im doing here. It's 2pm and Im on my day off work, sitting here by the fire (its winter and cold here) and amusing myself on thios forum
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 12:53 AM   #43

tsiya, it's the "way" you do the job, not the job. That's the teaching for you, can you accept it?

If you can accept that, then I can erase everything that I've seen with you
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 12:54 AM   #44

ok...you can't go acting innocent tsiya...

you are conveniently forgetting

tsiya wrote:
Quote:
Eric, all due reapect, You are just flat out wrong on this call.l A Snowy has a dark, blue/black beak, and is less than half this size. I don't go looking for argument, but best You do some more research. Give Me a few, I will show You all the Snowies You ever dreamed of!

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v244/tsiya/

i'm sorry..but if you are trying to kindly tell someone they are wrong you don't say "you are just flat out wrong"

it makes them seem like they don't know anything about wat they are talking about...

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 12:56 AM   #45

Well, Vito, that's a choice too

Old Aug 27, 2004, 12:58 AM   #46

Vito, just so you know, I'm a born again Christian

I'm not sure what this person is doing, but I am positive that it isn't godly, and furthermore, if thisperson wishes tochat with me further I would behappy,very happy, to accomodate.The initial poster knows how to get in touch with me. I'd love to carry this on further, out of channel, with him or her. Oh how I'd love to do that!

Old Aug 27, 2004, 1:32 AM   #47

Normcar wrote:
Quote:
Vito, just so you know, I'm a born again Christian

I'm not sure what this person is doing, but I am positive that it isn't godly, and furthermore, if thisperson wishes tochat with me further I would behappy,very happy, to accomodate.The initial poster knows how to get in touch with me. I'd love to carry this on further, out of channel, with him or her. Oh how I'd love to do that!

Norm, I am not a christian. I have no religion but I believe in treating others in the same way as you wish to be treated yourself. I have found people who areNOT religious and those whoARE can be just as bad as each other at times. I do think that one word means a lot and that is "sorry". If someone is big enough to say that I think, "well what the heck, give them another chance".

The funny thing with this whole issue is that it ran out of control and poor Eric was not even here to answer. Im sure he would have accepted his mistake quickly and none of this would have turned out as it has and maybe you might have even liked this guy you are so cheesed off with.

I agree he did rub people up the wrong way with his manners but he can always come back and make amends if he wants.

I have found that with the internet there is a fine line you must walk where your manners are concerned. Ive done the wrong thing myself, not meaning to but said sorry straight away and have found that is all it takes.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 1:41 AM   #48

I, too, am a Christian, but, alady, they can be as bad as each other, because, just because they believe Jesus died for them, doesn't mean they don't make mistakes...

but because they believe, they can be forgiven for those mistakes...

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 3:32 AM   #49

hey Vito, Im not gonna get into a religious discussion but I was taught that God forgives all, even the non believers, even those who believe in others Gods or no God at all. A wise priest once told me that and Ive always remembered it from my Sunday school days as a child. he also said "do unto others as you would do to yourself", or something like that.

I just hope that the forum calms down, thats all.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 6:39 AM   #50

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
I dont know who is right on this bird but this is from a "great Egret website"

Ladies, gents,I didn't have time to read all the discussion, also I didn't mean to cause this but I think the bird aladyforty attached in his/her post is the same one I shot, except for the green lores (which has its explanation, the breed season). If it is a Great Egret, Heron or Snowy Egret, I leave it to you to discuss.

Here's what I will do: this was not the only shot I took of it, so I will post other shots to see, I will do it in the weekend.

Cheers,

Fabio.

fabiod is offline   Reply With Quote