Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 22, 2004, 8:26 PM   #1
djb

taken at about 60 to 70 meters, this isn't a good shot but, i really enjoy birds in flight pics. here's a couple of a great blue heron that had a fixation on a wash tub it was standing near (unfortunately those shots were from way too far out and were overexposed somehow).

dennis

djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2004, 9:45 PM   #2

Hello djb;

Nicely done. I like the profile of the heron in the first shot, but I really like the second and third shots. Nice fall colours in the reflections. (excuse my Canadian spelling) I know how difficult it is to get good shots of these guys in flight. Somehow my camera doesn't like to focus on the mid-greys.

By the way, if those were from 70 meters, you must have a fairly impressive zoom lens going there.

Regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2004, 9:53 PM   #3
djb

Tom, thanx!! i have a fuji s602z with a raynox dcr-2020 2.2x addon. i think the 35mm equivalent works out to about 460mm. i visit the same spots almost every day and i think some of these birdsregularly hunt these places and may be geting used to me stalking them. this particular heron didn't seem to notice me until i turned off the radio and turned off my truck. as i mentioned he was fixated on an old wash tub and must have been more curious than alarmed. i had to make a lot of noise and jump around to make him fly. i don't usually like to spook them but, i didn't have a lot of time and wanted to get a flight shot of him.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2004, 12:24 AM   #4

At that distance and with your lens extender, the pictures are bit soft but I think it adds to the "photo art" quality of these scenes. I especially like #2 and #3 for their art look and feel.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2004, 3:19 AM   #5

great shot, i love the last pics,

sorry for this dennis but i can't resist to play withthis photo
Attached Images

chris doudet is offline   Reply With Quote