Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Nov 3, 2004, 7:14 PM   #1

How ironic that another squirrel was just posted!! I was sitting out on my deck tonight, and the squirrels were going wild around my walnut tree. I wanted to play with my new flash, so I thought I'd go out and give it a try. The resulting photo was very dark, even though the squirrel was glowing in the sunlight of the sunset. I was able to lighten it in PS. His eye is kind of freaky, but I was happy to get super close with my long lens. Unfortunately, the flash didn't do much:roll:.

Practice, practice, practice.

Happy day!
Attached Images

WisconsinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2004, 11:34 AM   #2

i have always thought squrriels looked so cool, sometimes i wish they were over here but then arn't they reguarded as a general pest?.... not sure if i'm right or wrong

Grant
picnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 3:43 PM   #3

Yes...pests...rats with extra fur according to my hubbie. The problem is that they have destroyed our yard. We have holes EVERYWHERE from them trying to dig for nuts. Grass doesn't even grow in some places anymore because of their activity. The yards in town are completely infested with fleas because there are so many. I know many people feed them around us, and one or two would be nice, but they reproduce like rabbits in our neighborhood.

We did have a white squirrel (an albino with pink eyes) and a black squirrel at one point, but they disappeared. That was pretty cool. I'll stick to real wildlife as my preference, but use them to practice on until I can get this lighting thing figured out.

:roll:
WisconsinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote