Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Feb 13, 2005, 5:30 AM   #1

cormorant flying near our local jetty

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2005, 8:36 PM   #2

Now that is a show stopper! I love the B&W background and the subtle color in the Cormmorant. The feather detail is really nice as well. I would definitely hang this one next to your other shot.

Very nice indeed,

Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 8:54 PM   #3

I'll bet you are really proud of this one. I know I would be. It's a keeper for sure.

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 10:14 PM   #4

Hey, I was just out shooting these this past Sunday. I love their green eyes and the way their feathers have that kinda bronzed effect. Makes their feathers stand out and look cool. Maybe I'll post my shot later... I've got so many to edit. I need a vacation just to edit my shots, who cares about shooting more!

Nice flight shot, very well done.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 11:24 PM   #5

Wow, what a beaut! You just keep getting better and better alady. Must be that new lens, it's leaking supershooter fumes and you have been inhaling too much.

The background blur is spectacular, especially when matched to the extreme grey values with the sulfurous yellow on the wings (perfect mood parallel with the drabconstruction-like background). And the cold greyish border matches this mood nicely. Sharpness is just about as good as it gets and the only thing that could be improved, perhaps, if one were to play devil's advocate and be extremely critical, would be the darker foreground of the bird which lacks a touch of detail.

The thing that I like about your work is that it often offers more than just a look at a bird. It also offers a mood and a celebration of some descriptive adjective that floats about as well. Great job!
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 11:35 PM   #6

well thanks for all the good comments, I did not think it was that good. Heres the original, I am going to enter this in a club competition and now I cant make up my mind between the original or the edited version. Any comments regards that would be welcome.

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 11:44 PM   #7

Nice flight shot and good exposure, you kept detail the the all dark wings.

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 11:45 PM   #8

No comparison to me. I like the processed one for reasons mentioned above. I knew that you'd processed a bit but didn't know quite how much. This again shows your art side well. Send in the monochrome!
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 11:50 PM   #9

For my dime, I'd go with the first picture. The original is a darn nice photo of a flying bird. But, the first one is more interesting because of the altered background. It evokes a mood. It says something, I'm not sure what but it instantly gets my imagination going.
Either picture would probably win you a prize. But I would like to see you enter the first one. It will grab their attention , Guaranteed.

Good luck,

Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote