Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Feb 24, 2005, 6:35 PM   #1

I have tried cloning over that white spot to the right side of the Robins breast that I posted the other day. But that cloning tool is whipping me. I tried but I think I made it worse than it was before I started. Can anyone tell me how to better understand that thing.

Houston
Attached Images

Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2005, 6:44 PM   #2
DBB

Nice shot!

However, on the original the branches might be termed objectionable (although I for one don't object), but on the larger cropped version I think they Add to the image and that you don't have to get rid of them.

If I did want to get rid of them, I would work first with the healing brush and THEN the cloning tool.

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 8:14 PM   #3

DBB wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot!

However, on the original the branches might be termed objectionable (although I for one don't object), but on the larger cropped version I think they Add to the image and that you don't have to get rid of them.

If I did want to get rid of them, I would work first with the healing brush and THEN the cloning tool.

Dave
Hi Dave. Thanks for answering. But the only thing I wanted to do was get rid of the large white spot in front of the robins breast. I guess I didn't make myself clear. And in the meantime I've been working at it some more and I'm beginning to understand it a little better except for all the different selections under "Mode". I will post it again in a little while after I play with it some more.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 8:23 PM   #4

Here's another try that's maybe a little better.
Attached Images

Old Feb 24, 2005, 11:26 PM   #5

You're getting the idea now, practice makes perfect. I'm not sure how your Elements clone tool works but you should have some way to adjust strength or opacity as well as the brush edge and size. Those two adjustments are the trick in clone tool work. As you get to know the nuances of the tool you will do just as you have here...become successful. Nice job on the last one. It's cropped a bit tighter than I would have personally cropped that work but the white glare is gone, and that was your goal, achieved and now a past fact :-)
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote