Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:28 PM   #1

These were taken at the Kruger National Park last August, I took MANY pics [5000 plus], some very good, thanksto the FZ10's 432mm equivalent zoom, but unfortunately no real action shots [like Bateleur eagle fly-bys]. We are going again this coming August with some newer equipment, and a few new skills maybe, soI'm hoping to bring some great pics back [maybe get Peripatetic homesick??]

Attached Images

JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:31 PM   #2

This magnificent fellow was one of a pride of 11 lions we came across one day, he is so full he can hardly walk properly

Attached Images

Old Mar 10, 2005, 4:00 PM   #3
Super Moderator

JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:
These were taken at the Kruger National Park last August, I took MANY pics [5000 plus], some very good, thanks to the FZ10's 432mm equivalent zoom, but unfortunately no real action shots [like Bateleur eagle fly-bys]. We are going again this coming August with some newer equipment, and a few new skills maybe, so I'm hoping to bring some great pics back [maybe get Peripatetic homesick??]

Yeah, I'll be back..

Probably around end of September, no point in dashing back to catch the end of winter.

I think I'm going to need that 10-22 lens for when I return though. The African landscape is BIG.
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:19 PM   #4

The elephant family tryptich is super; it really assists on bringingus urbanitesinto the majesty of the African environment. Even though I'm somewhat rural, I ain't even close to this kinda rural ramblings. Camera paradise.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:34 AM   #5

Norm, there is a common misconception [my sons and I were talking about it just a few days ago] that lions and elephants roam in ones back yard here in SA, which is pretty far from being true, although I wish it was so. One has to go to one of the various Parks/Reserves to experience the real wilds, so going to the Kruger Park really IS a treat for us, we totally switch off from civilisation [as much as possible], no cell phones, radios,news papers, etc, just the bliss of natures sounds and views. Yes it isphotograpic heaven, in particular because the animals and birds have become used to the non-threatening attitude of humans, the only restriction is that whilst you are out of your "camp" grounds, you are not allowed out of your vehicles [for obvious reasons], and therefore you can only photograph at the anglesthat are presented from your vehicle. But nevertheless, it really is fanatastic. I do have a whole lot more on bigger wildlife, I don't knowif they would "bore" you guys ??