Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Mar 28, 2005, 8:42 PM   #11

First of all, that is definitely not a stupid question. A telephoto add on lens gives you the ability to move up from a 420mm telephoto equivalency to about a 650mm one (basically, lets you get closer shots of whatever you are shooting with more zoom power,especially helpful for birds). You do need an adapter to connect the Raynox DCR 1540 Pro telephoto add on lens to your FZ20. Here is the web sit where I got both the RaynoxRT 5264 Adapter and the Raynox DCR 1540 Pro lens.

http://www.tristatecamera.com/Store-...-1-Raynox.html

Hope all goes well for you. If you love nature and wildlife as much as I do, I know you will have a great time with your camera documenting what you see.

Another helpful tip for putting out the best photos you can is to learn how to use a good photo editing program well. I use Photo Shop Elements 3 for example to sharpen, remove noise, and adjust contrast and such to make the photos I get out of the camera look as good as I can with my current knowledge of the software.

bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2005, 10:04 PM   #12

another place to shop for those items is bugeyedigital.com. That is where I got mine.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:56 PM   #13

Thank you so much! I have already planned on purchasing the elements program - just wating to find a good price on eBay or something. :lol: I can't wait to purchase the lens and adapter! I'm going to Jamaica next month, and last time I was there there were so many cool things I wanted to zoom in on but couldn't with my old camera. I also am in an ornithology class right now, and I'm hoping I can find time to take some pics with my field work. Hopefully mine will turn out as nice as yours! Thanks again, and take care!
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 1:58 PM   #14

Hello.

I've just looked at these photo's and very nice they are too.

I'm curious to know how far away from the birds you were when taking the photo's?

I'm using a FZ20 and TCON-14B - I took the following today. The bird was about 25 ft away I guess. (And I had to 'hide' in my van to get the shot.)

Small birds are hard work.

Attached Images

ed78user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 2:02 PM   #15

Nice pic! I can't wait to get a lens so that I can get some beautiful shots like that. With that Tecon lens, did you need to use an adaptor, too, and if so, which one? I'm trying to figure out which lenses and adaptors will work with my FZ20, so if you could let me know the model numbers, that would be great! Thanks in advance.
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 8:58 PM   #16

Wonderful shots! Do you also use a canon sometimes too...donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 9:26 PM   #17

Hi Donna,

I started with the Panasonics back in 2005 and have been using Canon Rebels for over a year now.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2007, 12:22 AM   #18

Looks like your past has come back to face you, Bob - But hey, it was a good past :G

Shows that it's not all in the equipment, but in the hands of the photographer.
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2007, 10:12 AM   #19

Hi Bob, hope you don't mind if I share one of mine from the panasonic fz7. Thanks, donna
Attached Images

D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote