Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Mar 30, 2005, 10:07 AM   #11

suze wrote:
Quote:
Love the geese, and the second one makes me laugh for sure (I can imagine the skid sounds they use in cartoons when a character is attempting to stop!) :blah:. The chickadee is absolutelyfabulous!
Thanks suze, indeed these birds can be hilarious to watch but I respect their parenting skills immensely. They are waiting on the lake for it to clear of ice and some are leaving feed out for them. I'd like to dig a hole in the ice myself but I think that nature should probably take the reigns on this one. I'd probably get arrested for driving a backhoe onto the ice :lol:
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 8:04 PM   #12

The first two photos are beautys, but the Chickadee shot has to be one of the best photos I have ever seen. I have a hard time getting one sitting in the feeder, never mind in flight. Amazing!!!
photonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:42 PM   #13

photonut wrote:
Quote:
The first two photos are beautys, but the Chickadee shot has to be one of the best photos I have ever seen. I have a hard time getting one sitting in the feeder, never mind in flight. Amazing!!!
Thanks for the kind words photonut, I was happy with that shot. It was one of those lucky shut eyes and hit shutter shots.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:12 PM   #14

Hi Norm;

As usual, your shots are nothing short of amazing! What I admire, is how yoru focus and DOF are always dead-perfect. Congratulations on some excellent shots there.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://www.darwinonline.org/index.php?cat=11078
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 1:14 AM   #15

The stop action here is to die for. I don't have a favorite, I think they're all terrific. Great job as usual.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 12:17 AM   #16

Give yourself more credit Normcar. When you hit the shutter once just right it is luck, you have a knack for it.

All of these are good aside from the obvious lighting issues in the second one it makes up for it in content and composure. The first one could be a magazine cover.

Very nice catch on the chickadee. You seem to have the golden trigger finger when it comes to catching these guys with their wings at max extension. I followed a couple around for a few minutes today. My trigger is just not fast enough to catch them. Nice work!
zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 1:37 AM   #17

Thanks zoomn, but when I can shoot those chickadee type shots with 50% keepers then I'll start thinking it's something more than luck. However, at the moment it's about 100 to 1 in favor of blurred messes. :-)And if it wasn't for the camera I'd probably be 500 to 1 if any. :roll: