Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 8, 2005, 11:23 AM   #1

The powers that be have renamed this fella from a plover to a lapwing, quite well known in Africa for their bravety, they will lure "enemies" away from their young, and also attack huge things like elephants to ward them off. I took a quick late afternoon ride around town to see what was available, and this chap posed so nicely for me, I had to take him up on his offer

Attached Images

JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2005, 11:25 AM   #2

There was a bit of shadow on the side facing me, so i used a bit of fill-in flash on this pic to bring him out a bit, I think it worked out ok.

100-400 lens, set at Aperture priority, iso 200
Attached Images

Old Apr 8, 2005, 11:45 AM   #3

Cute bird, Jake, I like it's head quite a bit. Nice shooting and thanks for the look at something a bit out of the ordinary.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 5:09 PM   #4

Thanks Norm, I suppose what's out of the ordinary there is ordinary here, and vise versa [I have never heard of a chikadee, waxwing, etc.] and I supppose that's the beauty of the forums

Pleasant weekend to all !! {i am presuming there is such a thing as a weekend on that side of the planet}
Old Apr 8, 2005, 8:51 PM   #5

Beautiful shots Jake. We can always depend on youto treat us with some nice pics of something unusual for us. This chap is very pretty and you've done a wonderful job capturing it. Yes, we do have weekends over here and I am counting on it starting off as a good one. I'm driving down south a little ways to a bird festival tommorow. Sure hope I can keep my cool and bring back some worthy pics to post.
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote