Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 11, 2005, 9:29 AM   #11

bobby,

Loved your shots. Look like the weather was good too.

Can you please tell me how to post more than one photo in a message. ie how to attach then write something then attach again. I cant seem to get it to work. What am I doing wrong?

regards.
vindolanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:10 AM   #12

vindolanda wrote:
Quote:
bobby,

Loved your shots. Look like the weather was good too.

Can you please tell me how to post more than one photo in a message. ie how to attach then write something then attach again. I cant seem to get it to work. What am I doing wrong?

regards.
You need to host your pictures on some web site. I use smugmug.com but there are free ones out there. Then click on the "Insert Image" button and paste the URL Of your picture. Then hit Enter to go to a new line and repeat the above process. Hitting the preview button should show all your pictures which you inserted.

Hope it helps.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:23 AM   #13

These are just absolutely great bobbyz, all of them. I can't say that I like any particular one as a favorite. I like them all. Very well done.

Cheers

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:25 PM   #14

Bobby, fantastic pics, Very well done and thanks for showing

some info
Quote:
Didn't know the yellow thing around the eye can be green also.
Apparantly, the non-breeding bird has a yellow bill with olive green "lores",the bill turns black when breeding, the lores turn emerald green, and it seems this chap's bill is in the process of turning blackwith emerald lores [I suppose it is spring there now, which would account for the breeding season starting]

The bird in the second/third piclooks identical to our Blackcrowned Night Heron [Nycticorax nycticorax], I'm curious to know if it is [BTW this knowledge is notfrom my head, it's from my bird book]

Thanks once again [gonna have to sharpen my pencil some more now]
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 4:36 PM   #15

JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:
The bird in the second/third piclooks identical to our Blackcrowned Night Heron [Nycticorax nycticorax], I'm curious to know if it is [BTW this knowledge is notfrom my head, it's from my bird book]
Yes, they are black crowned night herons.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 5:23 PM   #16
DBB

No sorry, the birds with the Black Bills and yellow feet are Snowy Egrets, the ones with the yellow beaks are Great Egrets...

:idea: The Breeding Great Egret, innitially has "breeding feathers" which rapidly fall off, but the green, in a Great Egret, feathers or no feathers, shows that it's a "breeding adult"

dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 9:42 PM   #17

DBB wrote:
Quote:
No sorry, the birds with the Black Bills and yellow feet are Snowy Egrets, the ones with the yellow beaks are Great Egrets...

:idea: The Breeding Great Egret, innitially has "breeding feathers" which rapidly fall off, but the green, in a Great Egret, feathers or no feathers, shows that it's a "breeding adult"

dave
Dave, I am sorry butJakeTPegg & I weretalking about 2nd & 3rd shot. These are black crowned night herons.

There were 3 types of egrets in these shots, and I wish I was more clear in labelling them to begin with.