Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 10, 2005, 12:45 PM   #11

woodmeister wrote:
Quote:
Great shots with the new toy Norm. That lens looks like it gives great detail and
contrast. It looks like it also gives a nice blurring of the background. It will
be interesting to see what it does high contrast background in bright light.
As for the bombs away shot, all I have to say is "Ewwww!"
Thanks WM, I find that the color saturation on this lens is especially nice and that's why I picked one up again after selling it and seeing zoomn's great shots. I got homesick for it.

I was really happy with the turd :G
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 12:59 PM   #12

Great stuff Normcar.

I dont know how you manage to come up with such great shot so consistently.

I really like no1.

Can I ask please how do you put the borders in. Is it in photoshop? If so where?

How do you attach more than 1 photo, I tried but it didnt work.
vindolanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 11:15 PM   #13

vindolanda wrote:
Quote:
Great stuff Normcar.

I dont know how you manage to come up with such great shot so consistently.

I really like no1.

Can I ask please how do you put the borders in. Is it in photoshop? If so where?

How do you attach more than 1 photo, I tried but it didnt work.
Thanks kindly for the compliment.

The borders I used here are about as simple as it comes and that's why I've used it. I like the border to simply break the photo away from the background and not compete with the subject matter. Here's how I did it in Paint Shop Pro, and I'm sure Photoshop is similar: First set the color that you want on the background swatch of the color palette (you may do it differently but it simply means to find the color you want for your border). I use the eyedropper toolto pick a non-distracting color (usually very pastel and light); following this I go to theIMAGE menuand choose add borders; I then set up border size, which here is 12 pixels all around in a 700 pixel image. That's it.

I've outlined these with a tiny outline and I'm sure that you have a little outline box tool in Photoshop. I set the line to very thin, about 1 or 2 pixels, and dragged around the inside border.

Hope this helps as I understand that you may have some trouble changing the above directions around to fit the Photoshop format.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 2:12 AM   #14

Thanks for that information Normcar.

One last question ..... how do you attach more than one file to your original post. I tried to do it but could not figure it out and had to post four times for four pictures. What am I doing wrong??

Regards

Ian

Its ok Normcar, I have got the answer to this question already.

vindolanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:30 AM   #15

Hi Norm, I found all the shots to bevery appealing. Congratulations on some great photos. I loved the overall soft look (caused by the blurred background) while the images were very sharp. Thanks also for the info on the use of broders.

Ron

roncur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 6:10 PM   #16

vindolanda wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for that information Normcar.

One last question ..... how do you attach more than one file to your original post. I tried to do it but could not figure it out and had to post four times for four pictures. What am I doing wrong??

Regards

Ian

Its ok Normcar, I have got the answer to this question already.

Glad you found the info, Ian. Have a good one.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 6:19 PM   #17

roncur wrote:
Quote:
Hi Norm, I found all the shots to bevery appealing. Congratulations on some great photos. I loved the overall soft look (caused by the blurred background) while the images were very sharp. Thanks also for the info on the use of broders.

Ron

Thanks Ron, glad you enjoyed them and that you found the information useful to some degree.