Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 13, 2005, 11:24 AM   #1

if folks would post the model of camera used to take these wonderful photos and any lens additions, etc. We could all be learning here. Thanks
sedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2005, 12:44 AM   #2
djb

i second that!!!

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 2:37 AM   #3

Hi sedges and djb

Most of the pics have their exif data intact [if you save the pic and then check the exif with whatever viewer you are using ,windows XP will aslo give most of the data if you use right click the "properties, summary, advanced" menus, however, lenses won't be available except for focal length]
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 3:35 AM   #4

Here's a free exif viewer that was recommended to me and it works great. The great thing about this one is it works within IE (and Firefox) so you can right click on a pic and view the data from right here within the forum. The exception of course is if the photo has been saved with the exif data stripped

http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 5:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Here's a free exif viewer that was recommended to me and it works great. The great thing about this one is it works within IE
Suze, thanks for the link, I've just tried it and it works great. For those who do remove the exif data, maybe the request could be considered, info like that is very usefull and helpfull to learn from
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 10:48 AM   #6

I think "saving for the web" under PS removes the exif data. Some other image editors out there do similar things.

If you hang in this forum for a while, you pretty much know which person uses what lens, unless it is normcar, whoes got a lot of variety of lenses to choose from.

From now on, I will start putting my lens/camera selection and the important settings used in the msg itself.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:09 AM   #7
DBB

Well, everything I shoot is with a Nikon D1x, a Swarovski 'Scope, and ISO 500 with a speed between 60 and 800. Not to much variety here....:-)

But the program I use to compress my images, strips the EXIF date out. Maybe if I had DSL, I wouldn't worry about size so much, but than again, none of the people with 56K modems seem to complain...

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 7:44 PM   #8

Personally, I list about as much as I can. camera, lens & other equipment. And then if I did anything interesting in PhotoShop.

I know that there are some people here who use dialup, so I try to keep my image size down, including stripping EXIF data.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 9:19 PM   #9

I guess I should give any relevant info since unfortunately any time I use neat image or noise-ware my metadata disappears:roll:
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote