Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 20, 2005, 12:01 PM   #1

Hi,

This isn't any great photo at all, since it's just a pigeon, but what do you say about composition? It isn't cropped, and I actually didn't want to take it like that. So should I keep it or is there no reason to keep it? All comments appreciated.

Cheers!
Attached Images

CerambyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2005, 12:03 PM   #2

If I was going to crop this it would be just to the left of that little yellow flower, taking out a piece of the left side which to me isn't necessary in this one. Nice photo.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 12:14 PM   #3

Normcar wrote:
Quote:
If I was going to crop this it would be just to the left of that little yellow flower, taking out a piece of the left side which to me isn't necessary in this one.* Nice photo.
Thanks for reply Normcar. Well if I could crop this one :roll: This is just resized. That's why I asked this question, because I can't really change this picture anymore :-) But probably, I'll keep it.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 3:40 PM   #4

CerambyX wrote:
Quote:
Normcar wrote:
Quote:
If I was going to crop this it would be just to the left of that little yellow flower, taking out a piece of the left side which to me isn't necessary in this one. Nice photo.
Thanks for reply Normcar. Well if I could crop this one :roll: This is just resized. That's why I asked this question, because I can't really change this picture anymore :-) But probably, I'll keep it.
Here's an example of where I would have cropped it probably, but it certainly doesn't need a crop to be an effective photo (if you mind me playing with your photo please tell me and I'll delete it):

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 3:45 PM   #5

No I don't mind at all that you edit my picture. Oh, now I understand what did you mean by cropping. I was "stuck" on this original frame size and didn't even thaught about changing it that way. It looks much better without that free space on left. Thanks for this help, really apreciated it!

Cheers!
Old May 8, 2005, 2:40 PM   #6

You need to read up on post processing a bit so you some idea of what you're doing:?:?:evil:
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 2:59 PM   #7
DBB

I keep everything that's in focus, and some stuff that's odd, that isn't. I've always regreted deleting stuff...

I once took a series of images of a Seagull genius who used a paper cup to hold his clams, I deleted the ones that were out of focus and there's a large bruise on the top of my head where I periodically bang myself with a hammer for deleting them...

If you read some holy books, they always recomend getting a CD-ROM drive, and backing stuff up...

and then backing up the CD's because they go bad also... :?:

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 4:59 PM   #8

It is all just having fun and if you like it keep it and play with it.

Have you experimented with making this into a portrait. Crop still tighter just the upper 2/3 of the bird. Photo may not be sharp enough to stand it but would be fun to try.

I take a few hundred shots each time I go out and sometimes it is quite painful to delete down to 10 photos or so. I delete lots of pretty darn good photos but just don't have time to process them all.

And yes there have been several times I have banged myself on the top of the head bruise for deleting some of them.

zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 9:09 AM   #9
DBB

Hi Zoom

With the advent of digital, and the resulting "WoW, I can take as many pictures as I want, and it don't cost me a dime" syndrome. This problem that we have both touched on is actually wide spread.

I am starting a support group for the injuries sustained. The bruise is either on the right center, or left center of the skull, depending on whether you are left or right handed. It's cumulatively disfiguring... :?

I hope that by my efforts, this terrible scurge of digital photographers can be beaten.

Send cash, (No checks) to my Web site to keep my efforts going, and more importantly to keep from needing to actually work for a living:lol:

dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote