Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 28, 2005, 12:34 AM   #1

I spent an hour today sitting in my cartrying to keep warm (cold, grey, windy, bitter)whilenearby in a farmer's field a group of Bonaparte's Gulls and otherflew about screeching and competing for a position. I also shot some avocets there but my focus was on practicing flight shots. I intentionally kept a slower shutter in order to gain blur in a horizontal pan. Needless to say, the horizontal pan turned out to be more of a razzle dazzle up, down, and sideways swirl pan. Here are a few:

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2005, 11:24 AM   #2

Just wonderful norm. My favorites are 1,3,4,5,and 6. And number 2 ain't bad. :lol: Did you use any exp comp on these. Btw I noticed that pics are lighter on my home computer than theyare on the one I have at work. Not sure yet which one needsadjusting but I think my home computer is more accurate as they all look better on it. Again, great work here and hopefully I'll get better with these white birds someday. Now that I've found a place where they hang out I'll get in some more practice.

Cheers

Houston

Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 8:27 PM   #3

Excellent work Norm!
Old Codger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:21 PM   #4

Houston wrote:
Quote:
Just wonderful norm. My favorites are 1,3,4,5,and 6. And number 2 ain't bad. :lol: Did you use any exp comp on these. Btw I noticed that pics are lighter on my home computer than theyare on the one I have at work. Not sure yet which one needsadjusting but I think my home computer is more accurate as they all look better on it. Again, great work here and hopefully I'll get better with these white birds someday. Now that I've found a place where they hang out I'll get in some more practice.

Cheers

Houston

Thanks Houston, I can't recall whether or not I compensated in these but I probably over exposed by about 1/3rd or left things as is. As for monitors, a good test might be to go to a site where you know you are going to see excellent exposures such as a professional forum and check how things look. If they all look too contrasty then you'd probably be wise to adjust the contrast, and similarly with brightness and other. I just leave my monitor as it was when purchased and hope that it's set right. All of this calibration business scares me. I'd probably wreck something.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:22 PM   #5

Thanks Codger.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 8:44 AM   #6

They are all very cool shots but, #1and#4 get my vote! Well done.

Cheers, Jewel
lil_pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 10:42 AM   #7

In #3, the gull is flying like a tern.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 10:57 AM   #8

I love the shot of the gull:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 11:46 PM   #9

Nice work Normcar.

I know how much fun you must have had getting these shots.

Flying shots are the most fun, and challenging, and you have some nice ones in this series.
zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 2:25 AM   #10

Great shots Normcar, but my favourites are #3 and #1. IMHO the eyes conveythe message that they know where aregoing. Top shots!

roncur

roncur is offline   Reply With Quote