Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 3, 2005, 9:01 AM   #1

Hi,

I some weeks ago I heard thath there is an Eagle owl somewhere near me. So I decided to try to find him at the weekend. First I went to listen his voice late at night. But I didn't hear him. So next day I as usual went to the forest. But then suddenly, when I was already going back, I noticed something strange sitting on branch down the path. And, yes - it was eagle owl. First I hided behind trees, sticking out only my head and camera. Then I moved closer from one tree to another, and it was shure that he saw me. So I decidet to leave my hiding place and stood infront of him just some 10 meters from him. It was great opportunity to take good pictures. So here is one of many which I took then. Just resized, no editing. Taken with Pana FZ20
All comments appreciated.

Cheers!
Attached Images

CerambyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2005, 9:32 AM   #2

That's a really terrific shot. Those eyes are incredible. Looking right at you hehehe
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 11:14 AM   #3

WOW! What a treat. Nice job.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 2:57 PM   #4

You are lucky to be at the right place at the right time. I like his/hers eyebrows. Wish the light was coming in from the front.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 8:27 PM   #5
VP

Great opportunity for a nice photo. Amazing that it sat still at that short distance.
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 10:03 PM   #6

You have a very nice capture of the Owl. Very nice indeed. I would just love to find one myself. If you have many others send some more. Would love to see them.

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 10:25 PM   #7

Congratulations on your success in finding and getting a decent shot of this wonderful owl.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 9:41 AM   #8

Thanks for your comments!
Houston - well other pohotos look smiliar, because I didn't move much around - I was still afraid of scaring him away, but when I was going away he eventually flew up in the tree, so here's one picture from that position. It's cropped, and is little worse than previous - blowed out back, some purple fringing and distracting branch on the face, but atleast it's different :-)
Actually I'll try to find him also in this weekend - and maybee he's even nesting somewhere there. I'll try to get better pictures if I see him again, because I then I was too excited and just took one picture after another, didn't thinking much about composition etc.
Ok, thanks again for your comments!:-)
Attached Images

CerambyX is offline   Reply With Quote