Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 26, 2005, 3:30 PM   #11
djb

Houston and Norm, do use the ice bricks in the coolers?? or are thes insulated??

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 8:37 PM   #12

djb wrote:
Quote:
Houston and Norm, do use the ice bricks in the coolers?? or are thes insulated??

dennis
Dennis, mine is insulated and even the outside pockets are too. I've only had mine about 2 months and so far I've not used any ice bricks and the camera and lenses are cool and nothing like the heat inside the truck after sitting in the sun all day while I'm at work. This is the only way I can have it with me when I need it. I've taken some good shots on the way home.

Normcar, most everywhere I go the camera gets out with me except to work. And where I work I would feel comfortable leaving my truck unlocked. But I know that I can't do that everywhere.8)
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 11:31 PM   #13

These are beautiful shots, Houston. They have a very artsy look to them which is quite appealing. I wish that I could get enough sunlight in my neck of the woods to be able to take shots at 1/4000 second at ISO 200!

As far as taking my camera with me everywhere... it would worry me because I can't bring it in to every place that I go to and then I'd be forced to leave it out in the car for thieves!
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 3:28 PM   #14

Hey Houston, now I'm really getting jealous, particularly cause my resident grassbird exclaimed : "WOW, those are really nice !!!"

Jokes aside, these are fantastic, Houston, and I although they're are ALL good, I also especially like No.4, it is a real piece of art. Well done !!!

Regards

[[BTW, the reason for not always taking my camera with me, as much as I would like to, is not the heat, but as Norm and others have said, it does make an attractive reason to find your door bust open]] Now and again I will take it to town or on a work trip, but it is difficult as you have to look after it better than a baby, never letting your eye off it. I use a Tamrac back-pack, not a large one, but it still shouts : "Come and get me!!" I have sort of thought of taking a .38 with but then you've got two babies to look after.

Keep the pics coming Houston, they are a treat
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 9:01 PM   #15

Simply "beautifull pictures ":|
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 9:10 PM   #16

Awesome shots of a beautiful bird.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote