Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 27, 2005, 10:47 PM   #1

Not as close as I would have liked.

zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 28, 2005, 12:59 AM   #2

Nice shots and very clean background, zoomn. These are both extremely pretty birds and you do them justice in your posting. May not be real close but what can be seen is worth the look.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 8:27 AM   #3

Thanks Normcar. I guess I was overly critical on the Finch shot as it was chosen for one of the photos of the day over at On Line Photographers.

I am not really sure what made it so grainy. It was just a tad underexposed and I was about 25' away.

I am experimenting with my focus modes. It seems that sometimes the spot focus does not turn out photos as clean as thedynamic area. I am probably wrong.

It is so hard to remember to change everything for each shot. Sometimes I will leave it on the wrong settings. When I go take a spider or flower shot I use all different setting than for bird shooting then forget to change it back.

Maybe I need to get a cheat note and put it somewhere on my camera where I will see it. Do you do anything like that to remember to check ALL the necessary settings, or have you just been doing this long enough that you remember them all?
zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote