Old May 29, 2005, 9:00 AM   #1

zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2005, 2:35 PM   #2

super photo's ive heard alot about zoomn around here ,now i know why :|
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2005, 6:22 PM   #3
VP

Good shots, zoom. You have your share of colorful birds in your area. First yellow headed blackbird I have seen. They mustshare the same habits and habitat as the redwing.
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2005, 7:28 PM   #4

Around here, outside of Chicago, yellow-headed black birds are very shy, and they seem to prefer wetlands.

Did you see all these animals in one day? What luck A great collection!
book_vender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2005, 10:24 PM   #5

Great photos Zoomn. The exposure and color and everything else is excellent. You really did a quality job on these.

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 12:42 AM   #6

Great shots, zoomn, one of the nicest textured feathers I've seen on a heron in a very long time. All of the others are excellent.

PS - I went out and triedthe 100-400 ISin order to compareit to the Bigma and to see if it would add to my kit. I preferred the Bigmaafter shooting birdsfor half a day (however, it may be simply a quality control problem, don't know). In any event, I'd rather have the Bigma and a monopod by a long shot. Just thought you might like to know that. I still want some IS so If I don't get a 300 IS then I may pick up the 80-400 OS as it's supposed to be a great photo machine with good everything. Doesn't have the Sigma version of USM but the entire purpose of IS IMO is to use in low light when things are not moving too fast, so USM is somewhat redundant then. Anyway, another Sigma is now on my possible list.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 1:48 AM   #7

All very nice, zoomn! For my own taste, the Yellow-Headed Blackbird is superb and I also like the ground squirrel.

I did research in college (as a wildlife major) on YHBs in Montana and I find them to be quite fascinating. Just sit and watch them for awhile over a period of some days and you will start to see a pattern in the territories of the males - the size of each territory based upon the territory's quality (in my research the smaller territories were closer to the open water, probably because food source density was greater and therefore required less territory to achieve the same food supply). the shape of the territory, etc...
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote