Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 31, 2005, 12:55 AM   #1

Hey, this is my first attempt at photographing birds since i got my 300d, and i think i got some good shots.

I used the Canon 300d, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 w/ 2x Extender.

I believe the first bird is an Australian Finch, however i am probably wrong, and i have absolutly no idea what the second one is.

The first bird are about the size of a matchbox so i had to get pretty close, and the shutter going off didnt help. The 2x Extender also made autofocus slow, so i had to be on the ball to get a shot in.

Anything that i should be doing?

twofruitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2005, 1:01 AM   #2

Nice shots twofruitz. Notice in the middle two, though, that your focus point is in front of the subjects, the second photo being on the leaves and the third one on the roof tiles in the foreground. Are you using automatic mode here? If so, it might be automatically picking something other than a single point focus. Even the top photo appears that the log perch might be focused more than the bird. Other than that, great shots and good luck with that camera. I have one myself and they are very nice to use.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 1:30 AM   #3

I was using TV mode, with the center point focus... i think the extender really hurts the focusing ability...
twofruitz is offline   Reply With Quote