Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 16, 2005, 12:12 AM   #11

Thanks you all for your really generous words, I'm definitely putting this site on my must check out list as it is simply packed with frisky avocets, as well as tonight I went on a spotting trip because it was raining and saw deer, pelicans, catbirds, killdeer,a variety of songbirds,and other, and this was during a 1 hour glance at the area. It's a pretty nice place and not too far from where I live. Hopefully it will prove to be what I'm hoping, a treasure trove of shooting.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 4:01 AM   #12

beautiful shots, like everyone else number three stands out for me:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 5:23 PM   #13

More great stuff Normcar.

As you know I am a big fan of the Avocets and you always capture them well.

Glad you were able to find such a great hot spot for them. I really like the reflection shots and that lost shot is really interesting as well.
zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 8:36 PM   #14

wow these are incredible shots , like them all
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2005, 12:17 AM   #15

Thanks all of you for the great compliments. Zoomn, the reason the reflection is so good on this pond is that it is, believe it or not, less than a foot deep right across, so there are literally no waves. It's quite amazing to see a bird fly to the middle and stand on stilted legs.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 6:30 AM   #16

Hi Norm

We have a few wildlife publications here in SA, some of them are really a huge cut above the rest in content and photographic material,one can even name a few of the photographers by just looking at their work [Canon endorse the one in particular] and what I am sayingI, suppose, is that these shots of the two avocet posts would fit very comfortably in the magazines in mind - Breathtakingly outstanding !!! [Apart from mentoring us and setting our goalposts hereat Steve's, you're also responsible for stretching our vocabulary as far as descriptive compliments are concerned]

Regards

Jake
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:44 PM   #17

Thanks so much for the real complimentary words, Jake. I will put your comments in the bank and hope that some day I will be able to live up to them in my own heart. I sincerely appreciate your words, more than generous, indeed, and coming from someone as talented as yourself, even moreso. Now I need to get out there and fumblingly attempt to live up to them... but it's raining :roll: