Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Aug 1, 2005, 6:18 PM   #11

What a stupid person, either that or mentally deranged, sad that a lion doing what comes naturally has to die.

We had a really bad shark attack in Australia just before Christmas, a white pointer took a young teenboy from a surf board, his parents did NOT want the shark chased and killed because they felt it was in it's own territory, I thought that was very brave of them to come out and say that.

Unfortunately fishing from boats and chucking large amounts of bait into the water close to the area may have played a part in this, humans really need to think harder about what can happen where wild animals are concerned
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 9:40 PM   #12

Hi Jake. Does your brother post any of his pictures himself. He should because these are just great. The Lions are so pretty laying there in the grass all cuddled up together. But let me tell you, it would take a very good man to get me out of the safety of a vehicle while in their presence. Sorry about the malehaving to be shot. That was really a shame. Btw I got the 20D anyhow and boy am I glad I did. Also I owe you one for all the help. I really appreciate it. If there's anything I can do for you I will certainly try.

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 4:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Does your brother post any of his pictures himself

He says his time is very limited, so he would feel bad submitting the odd post without being able to spend much time to view and comment on other's postings, so hence he asked me to submit this just as a once off.

I'm glad you're enjoying the 20D, Houston- Sorry i haven't had much time to post or even photograph recently, however, as mentioned in the beginning of this post, We will be going to the KNP in about 3 weeks time [for 16 days], so there should be some good material coming out of that - only a pleasure to assist where possible with the little knowledge i have - most of it gained from other willing members for this forum

Regards from a warming up SA
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 1:44 PM   #14

Love the cuddle look. Jake, you should put it on photo of the day for your brother.

Jake, I've seen some of your photos and they are very good. How long have you been doing photography? What camera did you have before your 20D?
bboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 2:03 PM   #15

Even people who are knowledgeable and careful sometimes get hurt by an animal in it's natural surroundings. It just baffles me to know that some folks are basically ignorant to the point they will place themselves in jeopardy...and not even know it! AND often come to no harm at all, while on the other hand, it can be the case where expierenced and cautious wildlife lovers get attacked and hurt while observing all prudent precautions. Go figure... best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 2:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Even people who are knowledgeable and careful sometimes get hurt by an animal in it's natural surroundings. It just baffles me to know that some folks are basically ignorant to the point they will place themselves in jeopardy...and not even know it! AND often come to no harm at all, while on the other hand, it can be the case where expierenced and cautious wildlife lovers get attacked and hurt while observing all prudent precautions. Go figure... best regards,

Amazing - and there's no shortage of warnings all over, I think as in most walks of human life, people just don't like taking instructions, to the detriment of others' safety an priviledges

Cheers Ken
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote