Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 29, 2005, 9:00 PM   #11

I am impressed! And a bit jealous. Nature never ceases to amaze me. You are a lucky man to have seen it and a good photographer to have captured it. Once again, I look forward to seeing more of your work. Woody
woodysworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 9:19 PM   #12

they're all hott!

although...the first one's shadows look brighter here than in the email version..

i like the darker one better more moody..

nice shots man!

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 11:29 PM   #13

I'm feeling a little sorry for that robin!
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 12:31 AM   #14

Great shots, geoff, beautiful use of light and surrounding vegetation to create a mood. As for the robin, well, I just saw a Harrier grasping a mouse in it's claws as it dove to attack me for being a mindless photographer. I guess I could have said, poor mouse, or poor me, and meant it, but that's nature.Ain't it wonderful, even though sometimes a bit direct and inhuman. :-)
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 2:59 AM   #15

beautiful shots, I was wondering where you were.:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 9:43 PM   #16

Hi geoffs. You really have some superb shots here and not only are the photos great but you captured a moment of nature that not every sees. Great work.

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 9:37 AM   #17
djb

wow!!! how did i miss this great series of shots!!!! 1st class!!! do all you folks set up appointments with these birds??? i'm really starting to get a complex here!!

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:38 PM   #18

Absolutely beautiful! Stunning photos, all of them!

I have seen so many superb photos come from the Canon 20D that I having thoughts of switching...now, if I can just find the title to my car...

...Ed :G
edorfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:24 PM   #19

Thanks all for the additional looks at my photos! Your compliments are much appreciated!

FYI, sometimes the images you think will look best when printed large format actually don't end up that way. Of these 4 shots I thought the first would be at its best at the largest format I can print at home - 13x19. It didn't turn out that. For various reasons, it was images 2 & 3 which came out looking stunning at 13x19.

Ed, the 20D is a great camera but it also has some possible shortcomings. There are many people that have complaints about the sharpness of the images coming out of the 20D. I too have had my share of OOF images. Over time you learn the ins and outs of your particular camera and can end up doing consistently decent work with it. I probably should send my 20D in to Canon for focus calibration but I do not have a backup body and don't want to be without a camera for 2-4 weeks while they adjust mine. I would suggest that if you really want to go the 20D route that you go to one of your larger local camera shops and see if you can rent one for a weekend and put it through its paces - it might be money well spent.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote