Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Aug 4, 2005, 1:41 AM   #1

I went out tonight to shoot things that are less severe than the Harrier shots, as the raw terror of the Harrier action and predatory shots becomes, to me, somewhat disturbing unless I balance them out with the beauty found in nature, and then it all fits nicely as an echo of life itself, the good and the bad, the ugly and the beautiful, all working together to make things interesting. Here are some choices that I made from both tonight and other that I think demonstrates the balance. I personally needed this balance in order to feel comfortable with it all, so I decided to share the balance:

Beauty

Beast
(shadow of captured chick on wing of Harrier; wing of mother chasing the aggressor attempting to save her young)

Beauty

Beast

Beauty

Beast and Beauty in one package

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:15 AM   #2

All very nice as usual

The last one is amazing espeically in its wing detail.

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 11:29 AM   #3
DBB

Yeah, once again you posted some awesome photo's.

I'm happy to say that I can't stand the "Beauty and the Beast" concept. (At last, at last, something bad to say about Norm - )

Those little guys will be happy to munch up crabs, worms, fish, and anything else small enough to stuff down their throats. They are as much preditors as the Marsh Hawk - Bad Norm, bad Norm - no biscuit...:lol:

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 3:09 PM   #4

Thanks, guys, I don't know if you noticed in the original post that the background was a touch splotchy. These were out of focus bugs that I had neglected to clone out and clean up as they added nothing to the shot in my opinion.

Dave, point well taken, but the beauty and beast theme relates to the visual only, not the behavioral. :G
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:20 AM   #5
DBB

Normcar wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, guys, I don't know if you noticed in the original post that the background was a touch splotchy. These were out of focus bugs that I had neglected to clone out and clean up as they added nothing to the shot in my opinion.

Dave, point well taken, but the beauty and beast theme relates to the visual only, not the behavioral. :G
Three guess's as to whom I think is "Beauty?" :lol:

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 5:17 AM   #6

Great shots norm. I like your concept as nature does have both sides, violent and
serene!
woodmeister is offline   Reply With Quote