Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Aug 19, 2005, 9:17 AM   #21
DBB

Houston wrote:
Quote:
bmullensBQ wrote:
Quote:
Yes, they look like a snowy egret to me too. The difference is that the great have black feet and the snowy's have yellow. There are some other minor differences , but they are very similar. Did you notice the little blue heron in picture #4 (at least I think it is a little blue). Did you get any pictures of that one alone? These were awesome pictures to view. My mouth dropped, like, to the floor when I saw them. egrets are SOOooooo graceful. The pictures are excellent. I don't think they could have been better. I didn't think the first few shots were too dark at all on my computer screen. I think if they were too much lighter, it might have blown out the white too much. wonderful shots! -BQ
If you people keep on I wont be able to get my hat on cause my head will be too big. I did notice that the ones in the sky looked a whole lot better on my home monitor than they did on my monitor at work but they were still a little dark and I'm working on it. BTW from what I've learned about the egrets their beak and feet are just opposite in color. And yes I did notice the Little Blue. There were several of them around that day but I was having hard enough time getting what I wanted without having to change camera settings to get the others that were not white. These shots were taken at the low end of a field that joined the swampy area of the woods in the bg. We had been having a lot of rain and there was a lot of water standing in that area which made an excellent feeding area for the birds. On this particular day when I got out of my truck I saw Ducks, GBH's, Little Blue's, Wood Storks, Great and Snowy Egrets and some other smaller birds that I've yet to identify and they all took flight at the same time. But I waited them out and slowly but surely they began to return. To my delight..............

Thanks for your very nice comment BQ.

How I cheat!

When I have an Egret and one of the darker birds in the same frame, I process it twice, once for the Egret, once for the dark bird - I then copy the dark bird (or the Egret), into the other picture. I know, I know - it's cheating - but they did it in the age of film as well....:lol:

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 9:18 AM   #22
DBB

Houston wrote:
Quote:
bmullensBQ wrote:
Quote:
Yes, they look like a snowy egret to me too. The difference is that the great have black feet and the snowy's have yellow. There are some other minor differences , but they are very similar. Did you notice the little blue heron in picture #4 (at least I think it is a little blue). Did you get any pictures of that one alone? These were awesome pictures to view. My mouth dropped, like, to the floor when I saw them. egrets are SOOooooo graceful. The pictures are excellent. I don't think they could have been better. I didn't think the first few shots were too dark at all on my computer screen. I think if they were too much lighter, it might have blown out the white too much. wonderful shots! -BQ
If you people keep on I wont be able to get my hat on cause my head will be too big. I did notice that the ones in the sky looked a whole lot better on my home monitor than they did on my monitor at work but they were still a little dark and I'm working on it. BTW from what I've learned about the egrets their beak and feet are just opposite in color. And yes I did notice the Little Blue. There were several of them around that day but I was having hard enough time getting what I wanted without having to change camera settings to get the others that were not white. These shots were taken at the low end of a field that joined the swampy area of the woods in the bg. We had been having a lot of rain and there was a lot of water standing in that area which made an excellent feeding area for the birds. On this particular day when I got out of my truck I saw Ducks, GBH's, Little Blue's, Wood Storks, Great and Snowy Egrets and some other smaller birds that I've yet to identify and they all took flight at the same time. But I waited them out and slowly but surely they began to return. To my delight..............

How I cheat!

When I have an Egret and one of the darker birds in the same frame, I process it twice, once for the Egret, once for the dark bird - I then copy the dark bird (or the Egret), into the other picture. I know, I know - it's cheating - but they did it in the age of film as well....:lol:

Dave
Old Aug 19, 2005, 9:18 AM   #23
DBB

Houston wrote:
Quote:
bmullensBQ wrote:
Quote:

How I cheat!

Dave
Old Aug 19, 2005, 1:51 PM   #24

Quote:
How I cheat!

Confession's good for the soul Dave, but 3 TIMES ??!!
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 5:04 PM   #25
DBB

JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
How I cheat!

Confession's good for the soul Dave, but 3 TIMES ??!!
I try so hard NOT to post TWICE and here I posted THREE times. The board sometimes locks up on me, and while I try to check if the message was posted....

Dave