Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 15, 2005, 1:13 AM   #11

Hey Jake, I've been waiting for these posts ever since I heard you were going to the Kruger Park. Excellent, excellent shots!
JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 5:11 AM   #12

Thanks norm , dave, wagaboo, mullen, thekman and john, yes Norm, it is photographic heaven in the bush, unfortunately it IS in another world, however, my resident grassbird and I have decided to get there a bit more often, maybe twice or three times a year. Apparantly in Summer, the animals are more active, with rutting and the likes, the migratory birds are back - only thing is malaria is also active in Summer. Anyway, as Arnold says - I'llbe back.

Dave, apparantly the Buffalo is extremely dangerous, as to beingcompared with the lion, well, I have no desire to be the object of the contest,.While we were up in the bush, we met a tourist who had witnessed a buffalo tossing a lioness around, although the buffalo is one of the top items on the lions menu. It takes a few of them to bring one down, and often start eating them whilst the buffalo is still alive, sometimes taking a few hours to die [the law of the bush]
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 7:38 AM   #13

Excellent shots!
Barracuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 11:33 AM   #14

I like the buffalo shot. Looks like the water buffola we have in India.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 4:21 AM   #15

One again some stunning shots! Not snapshots, these. One can see that you look for that special moment, such as the buffalo photo.

So tell us, Jake, how many photos did you take? And what would it cost if you used film???

Keep posting more.
zolbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 4:23 AM   #16

By the way, I also see the Freddie Mercury similarity!
zolbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 5:46 AM   #17

Hey Jake, these are all top notch! I love those little birds setting on the Cape Buffalo, you are a master at composition! Awesome!!

Bob H.
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:15 AM   #18

Thanks Bob,Zol and bobbyz.

Zol, I probably took about 4000 shots, mostare not worth anything, however, that is the beautyof digital I guess. If I used film, I would probably be very cautious and not take as many, but it would probably make one choose the shots more carefully, and maybe take better pics??

Bob, I took very little by way of landscapes, in fact I don't know if any are worth anything, I will have to check. There is a shot of the sun rising over the river in front of our tent which might work, also there isclose up of an impala lilly that i will post, I do enjoy that one. Thanks for looking !!!!
Old Sep 18, 2005, 12:27 AM   #19

This forum is absolutley amazing!!!! and these pictures are mavelous! I just keep gawking with my mouth open at your pictures. The Cape Buffalo shot isvery specialand I really like the yawning Hippo. I hope that you have more to share. You are very talented. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 5:10 AM   #20

Quote:
I hope that you have more to share
Thank for commenting, bentlysmom - I'm busy processing the bunch of pics I have, it is quite a process to sort and do the necessary editting, also part of the fun. I must say on the whole I was disappointed with the pics I took, most are of animals and birds not doing much, which is what i wanted to avoid. I so wanted to catch "action" shots IE : antelope leaping over bushes or similar, but I either missed them doing it, or they just were too docile. However, I will post what I think is of interest, and also- we willgo back shortly and DO IT AGAIN, perhaps with a bit more insight as to what to look for.

Regards and thanks for the kind words !!