Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 16, 2005, 8:30 AM   #11
DBB

Hi Jake

Of course I like all the images, but that Sunbird - ahh!

Not an easy bird to capture either, but you brought out all the subtle colors - Great! Another bunch of images that I wish I could say I shot.

I would also note that I am working on a patent for my filter, from now on referred to as the "ultiimate professional tool for photographers."

Don't let yourself be discouraged.

It takes years and years of work before their use is mastered. Indeed, for quite a while I simply carried around a small bush, to give me more experiece :lol:

This also had the added bebefit of changing color as the leaves died, so I was able to experiment with both the basic colors, brown and green, the two most often encountered with this filter type.

dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 9:16 AM   #12

Thanks guys for looking and commenting. Walter, all are shot using a Canon 20D with a canon EF100-400 lens.

Dave, the sunbird IS difficult to capture, they just do not sit still, although I suppose Norm and kman have had plenty of practise with the chickadee, which I gather is an extremely difficult character to pin down. hey dave, I think you should patent your white balance dog as well as well as the "filters'
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:10 PM   #13

More wonderful shots Jake! Thecolouring of the sunbird is exquisite. I like the cats too. I trust you were in some sort of safari vehicle for these? Cheers..........thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:32 PM   #14

Quote:
I trust you were in some sort of safari vehicle for these?

No safari vehicle, just my trusty old '72 Benz - here's a pic where we were "stuck" in this hide 'cause this HUGE ele decided he liked the munchies near the entrance to the hide. So there's my benz on the otherside of the ele, we were there for about 3 hours waiting for him to find greener pastures, but it was a great experience anyway, there was lots to see and shoot at the hide.

Cheers
Attached Images

Old Sep 16, 2005, 7:44 PM   #15

Hi Jake

I've just got home myself from a6 dayvacation down in Florida. I took several hundred photos and some of them are pretty good, at least I though so until I looked at all of yours that you have posted so far. As Normcar said you blow us all away. All of them from the Elephant to the Giraffe are magnificent with the exception of the buffalo. Its beyond that.....It is priceless. I will surely be looking for more.

Kind regards

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 4:57 AM   #16

Great shots jake!!! That sunbird is really colorful!!!! Did a real good job of capture on him!!!
woodmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 11:11 AM   #17

Amazing and spectacular shots. The Marico looks like a hummer on steroids, and the eagle, "WOW".

Mack C. in Brooklin ON
mackcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 12:09 PM   #18

Holy cow, Jake, I almost fell off my chair with that eagle, what a magnificent bird and you got it good. I'm in love with a bird...help. That giraffe with the tongue trick is also pretty fine work. Go get 'em, Jake, you da man.

PS - of course the first shots are wonderful, too. I was just so darned excited by that eagle that I forgot all about the other great shots :lol:
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 5:02 AM   #19

Thanks once again Norm, Houston [welcome back], woody and mackcam
Old Sep 18, 2005, 9:38 AM   #20

Those first shots are stunning, what an awesome looking bird.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote