Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 20, 2005, 3:39 AM   #11

Quote:
so I used my little 2 gal air compressor with the blow nozzle. I've done this several times before..
Houston, these sensors are VERY sensitive, I would be careful withit and rather get that cleaning kit quickly than to use anything else. Even blowingwith your mouth is not advisable.

Enjoying yourpics !!
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2005, 12:23 AM   #12

It's just gets better every time, Houston, excellent series of action.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2005, 10:14 AM   #13

great shots, I wonder if that bird got indigestion:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 12:37 PM   #14

Hey Houston, how are you doing with that hurricane coming?? Is it in your area or not??
Old Sep 23, 2005, 1:10 PM   #15
DBB

JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
so I used my little 2 gal air compressor with the blow nozzle. I've done this several times before..
Houston, these sensors are VERY sensitive, I would be careful with it and rather get that cleaning kit quickly than to use anything else. Even blowing with your mouth is not advisable.

Enjoying your pics !!
Oh, I get a chance to Jake!

I scrape these suckers with a plastic fork on which I've wrapped some lint free cleaning cloth. These sensors are tough! Metal will scratch them, little else. Not that I'm saying you shouldn't be careful...I'm sure if I persevered I could damage them eventually.

There is an IMPORTANT reason that your advice is good. There's a microscopic place BEHIND the sensor, that dust cannot normally get to. But a powerful blast of air can lodge dust behind the sensor and THEN you are &^%$%^!!!!

Because it's impossible to remove.

dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 8:43 PM   #16

Thekman, Jake, Norm, Julie and Dave I really appreciate your taking the time to look in and make those nice comments. It makes my day better than anything else. Also I have a sensor cleaning kit on the way. Should be delivered Tuesday. Jake, I've never actually been 'in' a huricane before but during this time of the year they are all around us and close enough that we get lots of wind and rain from them. I think it was during the first one of the season that my truck hydroplainedand went across the median into an oncoming car. We were all very lucky and no one was hurt. And would you believe that after the wreck the first thing I did was inspect all my camera stuff before I even got out of the truck to check out the damage to it and see about the people in the other vehicle.

Cheers

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 8:50 AM   #17

Oh, I get a chance to Jake!

Hey Dave, once is enough I think!

What will I be left with once you are finnished [muchlike what the bird just threwdown his digestive tract]

Jakes concerned WGB:?